• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Oh hold the phone, "resort" - as I typed that my restricted area alert pinged in my head. Could the GWL ground be classified as an off limits area because it is like an amusement park?

Amusement parks are not defacto off-limits. They need 30.06.
    Target Sports

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    There won't be a show unless he is an attention whore. Nothing illegal is taking place. Perhaps the PD should not hassle him as he is breaking no laws.

They guy said he would open carry his AR as he leaves. In a place like that he would have caused plenty of PC for an officer to arrest for disorderly conduct. Until we get solid case law OR the legislature reworks the statute, the PC exists for an arrest.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So, to stay within the bounds if legal activity:

You can carry a handgun to your room, keep it there, and carry it to your car.

Is this correct?

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    I'm probably going to chicken out any way, no need to attract unnecessary attention. But could you imagine the look on peoples faces. Anyways, the 30.06 apply to people carrying under the authority of a CHL. I'm carrying under the authority of Penal code 46.02 (a-1 A-2).

This topic could be addressed with the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. After all how are they going to know, unless I need my firearm.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I'm probably going to chicken out any way, no need to attract unnecessary attention. But could you imagine the look on peoples faces.
    if you imagine it would alarm people, I would say you not only gave PC for an arrest, but killed any reasonable doubt for an acquittal.
    Anyways, the 30.06 apply to people carrying under the authority of a CHL. I'm carrying under the authority of Penal code 46.02 (a-1 A-2).

This topic could be addressed with the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. After all how are they going to know, unless I need my firearm.

Absolutely. Just remember that 46.02 does not cover you while in other areas of the hotel if you are not going to your car or back.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    I'll get a fire map before I go in. Just follow the arrows backwards. Those should be the straightest routes.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    That's why i have a cap and ball, not considered a firearm-no laws apply to it. More then likely i'm going to stay in the room. The other hotels i'm staying at are gun friendly. One even encouraged me to carry.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hey alaska, any particular reason you picked GWL when the Hilton and Embassy Suites, even the Gaylord (now Marriot owned) are right up the street and across the road? Having stayed at a few places around here, there are other good options that don't 30.06 you. Plus at the Gaylord with each room you get 4 wristbands to the water park :cool:

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Were staying at the GWL for 2 nights for the kids. No rooms available at other hotels. I will be staying at the embassy for the rest of our Dallas stay.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Worst case Consuela (hose keeping) finds my gun, although very unlikely. They ask me to leave, if I refuse then it is criminal trespass. If I leave then there is no problem.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Worst case Consuela (hose keeping) finds my gun, although very unlikely. They ask me to leave, if I refuse then it is criminal trespass. If I leave then there is no problem.

Do not disturb sign. Kept mine on the door all weekend at the Courtyard Marriott in Dallas this weekend. They'll swap you towels out for you if you need this without going into your room.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Forgot about those signs. I usually go with a rv, but that's for my dads vacations. Any one get my Consuela reference.

Top Bottom