• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Great thread! The old Houston Range thread was pretty sad. How would you feel if I killed that one and stickied this one? OP's call.

Please do!!!!

I would really like extended editing access to add a couple of new ranges to the list if possible. Right now I can not edit the original posting.

Still doing research and want it to be a 'living' list that evolves and changes as the opportunities and places to shoot change in our community.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ok, does anyone know about the Galveston Rifle and Pistol Club??? Untitled Document

Other than it's a private club on the island, their website leaves a lot to be desired.

GRampPC_zps2404cdcb.jpg

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ok, thinking about adding codes/better descriptions to the list.

My current thoughts................

S-R = Small Rifle, .22 etc. Rimfire (some ranges allow rimfire rifles but no other rifles.)
    L-R = Large Rifle, centerfire
    P = Pistol
    S = Shotgun Formal - skeet, trap, clays course, 5 stand, etc.
    S* = Shotgun Informal -* no set course, seen a few where they let you shoot clay pigeons if you bring your own out to their field, may/may not have a thrower.
    A = Archery

I = Indoors
    O = Outdoors

Per Gun Fee Structure
    Daily Fee Structure

And possibly Range max distance.

You guys got any other input on that????

Last edited:

gordyt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Thanks ZX9RCAM! I'm really bad about hopping online and scanning new posts in the handful of forums that I follow w/o posting anything. Trying to do better....

gordyt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Do they allow machine guns?

I'm in Humble/Kingwood as well but I belong to BASC. All NFA but MGs are allowed at BASC.

They surely do! The folks that run the range are very safe, but also very accommodating. The only negatives I have are:

1. A bit difficult to find the first time you go out there, and
    2. When it rains there is usually some standing water. My solution: I keep a pair of mud-boots in the trunk. No worries.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Great thread! The old Houston Range thread was pretty sad. How would you feel if I killed that one and stickied this one? OP's call.
    Yes please.

I would really like extended editing access to add a couple of new ranges to the list if possible. Right now I can not edit the original posting.

Still doing research and want it to be a 'living' list that evolves and changes as the opportunities and places to shoot change in our community.
    And this too.

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    They surely do! The folks that run the range are very safe, but also very accommodating. The only negatives I have are:

1. A bit difficult to find the first time you go out there, and
    2. When it rains there is usually some standing water. My solution: I keep a pair of mud-boots in the trunk. No worries.

Rifle caliber machine guns like belt feds, not just SMGs?

Might have to go out there with the Stoner and BAR.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Which one allows SMG's? Hard to keep up.

So we may need a indicator if the range is NFA friendly and what they allow. I will need your guys help on that as it is not covered in most of the web pages. So let me know what ranges do and do not allow that you are familiar with.

Working with Tejano Scott to find a solution to the editing issue. So bear with me, and post up other ranges that have not been mentioned.

Also if anyone has input on a free mapping program that would make the larger view of the ranges more clear or interactive, let me know. Using place-marks on Google Earth now and cutting out the image and posting that.

Top Bottom