• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Heard about a new range that just opened up on the Katy freeway on the radio yesterday. Could not get much information, but wondering if anyone else knows about a new on in the west part of town that is not on the list.
    None that I am aware of. Boyert Shooting Center has rebranded/signed Tactical Firearms, but they are on Mason Road a ways off the freeway.

I would be curious to know about this as well. Always looking for more places to take my money.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.
    Target Sports

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Anyone know of any ranges in the Greater Houston (and surrounding) Area that accommodate us prone shooters?

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    You can shoot prone at ASC at 50 yards and up. You can also shoot off-hand at 25 (rimfire only), 50, and 100 yards (don't know about 200+ though).

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    You can shoot prone at ASC at 50 yards and up. You can also shoot off-hand at 25 (rimfire only), 50, and 100 yards (don't know about 200+ though).

Are there special spots for prone shooting? All I really see are those benches there (unless youre supposed to lay across it long-ways on the table portion?).

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Magnolia Misfits, a private club Primarily geared toward CAS there are a couple of benches and the Magnolia 4H club does their thing there. 30860 Nichols Sawmill Road Magnolia, Texas 77354 www.magnoliamisfits.com/home.html

Thanks, got it added to the first posting.

Should not take long for it to hit the interactive map acorneau has put together in conjunction with this.

Up to 46 ranges now, should hit 47 as soon as a new range on 1488 opens.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Magnolia Misfits,...
    Been there. Nice folks. And for the guys on the board who like RC planes, iirc there was a nice, large RC plane field operating next to the road into the range. I wonder if it's still there.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Been there. Nice folks..............................

And you just now piping up about it??? Got any other hidden gems you have not told us about Ben????

play_ball.gif

Top Bottom