• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Called Westside today. They aren’t open to the public. There’s a $1000 buy in and $160 a month after that. They did say that they would knock the entry fee in half if you signed up for a lesson or lessons. I can’t remember which.
    Sorry about that. I am able to shoot there because my daughter is a member of a shooting team which they allow them to shoot without membership; I just found this out after talking with her. If you have kids or grandkids who who shoot in a shotgun team they do allow them and their guests.
    ARJ Defense ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Would like to see the list updated with if they allow NFA, specifically MGs.
    There was some discussion about what to include in the list before this thread was ever started. The consensus was that ranges need to be listed so that people could figure out what's close to them, thus we had a map with every range plotted on it.

Unfortunately, the member who was maintaining the map has gone inactive so the Google map that we used to have is no more.

With the original intent to make it easy for people to find ranges by location/nearness, the inclusion of the idiosyncrasies of each range (NFA, types of ammo, rapid fire, amenities included or available, RSO tolerances, etc.) was left off.

I don't see a good way to add it back at this point.

However, if there's a range about which you're curious, ask in this thread. I'm sure someone will have already been there and will be willing to share what they know. Also, search the thread; it may have already been discussed.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Heres an update for the list. Range USA just opened a new range here in West Houston on Westheimer and Jeanetta (one block west of Fondren).The grand opening is this weekend, so I popped in there today. They are giving away some stuff via free raffle that will be drawn on Sept 21st. They were also giving out free truckers hats, so I go one. They had a bunch of .357 mag on the shelf, so I picked up a box. Also have MagTech 9mm FMJ for $17.99 so I picked up a couple boxes while I was there.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Heres an update for the list. Range USA just opened a new range here in West Houston on Westheimer and Jeanetta (one block west of Fondren).The grand opening is this weekend, so I popped in there today. They are giving away some stuff via free raffle that will be drawn on Sept 21st. They were also giving out free truckers hats, so I go one. They had a bunch of .357 mag on the shelf, so I picked up a box. Also have MagTech 9mm FMJ for $17.99 so I picked up a couple boxes while I was there.
    Added to post #1. Thanks.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    Has anyone used the trinity armory gun range? I am interested in checking it out.
    Their web page says they have a 300 yard rifle range.

oscars774

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2018
    Tinicum Township
    Has anyone used the trinity armory gun range? I am interested in checking it out.
    Their web page says they have a 300 yard rifle range.

Great range and you paybl $20 and you can bring all of your guns. Steel targets at 300 yards and great pistol bays with steel targets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    Great range and you paybl $20 and you can bring all of your guns. Steel targets at 300 yards and great pistol bays with steel targets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shall be paying them a visit, they ain’t to far from my side of Conroe. Looking forward to it.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2022
    Houston
    I love going to Wallis-Orchard, first range I found that I really enjoyed and felt welcome at not long after moving to Texas. Wayne's a good guy, very nice and spacious outdoor range. Just sad it's only open on the weekends. Noticed it's listed in the OP but didn't see anyone mention it here (unless I missed something). Highly recommend the place.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I jst started working at Tomball Pawn & Jewelry and another guy(lives in Magnolia)was talking about Ren something up near Magnolia that sounds great. $320/yr, pretty long range, bays, action shooting.

Will update with full name after work tomorrow.

RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    Hello!

I'm a newbie who just joined the sight a couple of days ago and this is my first post. Concerning Greater Houston ranges, it is probably a little outside the 50 mile radius criteria of the OP's list but BTO Range in Conroe has the only 100 yd INDOOR range that I am aware of anywhere near Houston. I like to fire any new rifles at 100 yds indoors for the first couple of outings to get an idea of it's accuracy potential without the wind factor. I haven't used many indoor ranges in my life but in my opinion it's well equipped and maintained and all the staff that I have interacted with so far have been very courteous and friendly. It's definitely been worth the drive for me.

Rob

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Welcome to the forum, RedRobin.

BTO is already on the list in post #1, as Shooters Station. When I get back home to my desktop and keyboard, I'll re-edit that post to change to the new name.

Thanks for the heads-up.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Hello!

I'm a newbie who just joined the sight a couple of days ago and this is my first post. Concerning Greater Houston ranges, it is probably a little outside the 50 mile radius criteria of the OP's list but BTO Range in Conroe has the only 100 yd INDOOR range that I am aware of anywhere near Houston. I like to fire any new rifles at 100 yds indoors for the first couple of outings to get an idea of it's accuracy potential without the wind factor. I haven't used many indoor ranges in my life but in my opinion it's well equipped and maintained and all the staff that I have interacted with so far have been very courteous and friendly. It's definitely been worth the drive for me.

Rob

Welcome to the Forum!

Yep, definitely a little drive from Katy.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area

Range USA is opening another new location in Katy on FM 1093, just west of State Hwy 99. It's scheduled to open on March 20. I don't know many other details, but I expect it to be a typical Range USA facility. I may even be working there part-time.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom