Texas SOT

Green New Deal: Is It Really Just About Climate Change?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Liberal stupidity and wishful thinking. Combined with a desire for control.

Not to mention kickbacks from the green energy industry.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Every time they talk about free health care for all, remember there is a difference between what they will allow you to have and what you might need. You get what they give you, not what you need. That is free health care.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1200px-OECD_health_expenditure_per_capita_by_country.svg.png

I'm sure I'll be corrected for saying this but I do not think any congressional leader has even entertained the idea of "free" health care.

They all know single party payer is terribly costly and will be taxpayer funded.
    Still, our present system is, arguably, unsustainable. 2019 may hit $12,000.00 or almost $50k spent on care for an average family of four.
    We pay more, are less healthy and die younger than most wealthy nations.
    The feds controlling ridiculous drug prices is a good intention. The highway to hell is paved with good intentions.

Attachments

• 1200px-OECD_health_expenditure_per_capita_by_country.svg.png
      1200px-OECD_health_expenditure_per_capita_by_country.svg.png
      19.9 KB · Views: 302
    Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    She's just getting more press that she deserves with a pie-in-the-sky piece of legislation.

Maybe the needed and affordable 3% of her bill will get winnowed from the chaff and passed.

It wasn’t too long ago you mentioned how bright she was.

Now she puts out a piece of work that is so ridiculous her own party members ran from it and they had to start scrubbing the original from the internet, now only to be found in archived form. And still many front line Dems signed on to the new ridiculous mess which could only be achieved through a shift to full communism. Yet you also like to claim that the Dems aren’t really that far left.

You get a gold medal for mental gymnastics. Something special about the way you can constant twist the fabric of reality in order to have something nice to say about people who are utterly stupid.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    are less healthy and die younger than most wealthy nations.
    Pharma and usda. This isn’t an issue with our healthcare system as IMO our country doesn’t eat healthy and focuses on extra flavors and long term storage in foods. On top of that most people don’t even get enough water or a balanced diet. It’s really worth eating foods on a regular basis that help prevent sickness. How many parents push junk food down their kids throats and are cool with them not going outside?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    View attachment 162525

I'm sure I'll be corrected for saying this but I do not think any congressional leader has even entertained the idea of "free" health care.

They all know single party payer is terribly costly and will be taxpayer funded.
    Still, our present system is, arguably, unsustainable. 2019 may hit $12,000.00 or almost $50k spent on care for an average family of four.
    We pay more, are less healthy and die younger than most wealthy nations.
    The feds controlling ridiculous drug prices is a good intention. The highway to hell is paved with good intentions.

Your thoughts on healthcare are crap. We die from eating fast food and doing stupid things. Not do to lack of access to quality healthcare. You appear smart enough to know this, or at least be able to figure it out.

Our survival rates for cancer are at the top, same with other terrible diseases compared to other countries. We have shorter waits and better treatments. We develop more new treatments and advancements than any other nation. But damn, we die younger so it must be the fault of the healthcare system and not gluttony or insane murder rates in cities like Chicago. Just close your eyes to the details, it’s the fault of our healthcare system.

You are also confusing the cost of healthcare with the cost of health insurance. Those are completely different things. We expanded health insurance forcefully. People no longer have a choice if they want it and unlike any other insurance the companies have no say in who they insure. Why on earth would the prices go up? Crazy, right? I’m sure the answer is more government though.

Using misleading information in order to push an already failing solution. Genius.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Pharma and usda. This isn’t an issue with our healthcare system as IMO our country doesn’t eat healthy and focuses on extra flavors and long term storage in foods. On top of that most people don’t even get enough water or a balanced diet. It’s really worth eating foods on a regular basis that help prevent sickness. How many parents push junk food down their kids throats and are cool with them not going outside?

Agree.
    Ever see this movie?

While personal irresponsibility is a large component it does not address the corporate greed that fuels big farm and big insurance that our Democratic leaders are attempting to take on, likely with nothing good to come of it.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Your thoughts on healthcare are crap. Genius.

Why thanks for the cordiality.
    I said next to nothing so I'm puzzled by your acerbic response.

What's misleading about pointing out that the average health expenditure is $12,000 per capita, ~$50k for a family of 4.
    If you and I are in the top half of earners that means you and I are already funding the bottom half. My graph is not what we spend on health care. It's what is spent on each of us.

And your solution is????

Last edited:

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Define bright?
    She’s not intelligent enough to articulate a complete, well defended position on anything.

Don't be so negative.
    We are not influencers in the big picture anyway.

She reminds me of the carefree, gleeful, scintillating and overly ambitious high-school freshman girl that has the potential to become class valedictorian four years later and go on to graduate summa cumm laude from Rice.

Or maybe the energetic clumsy Labrador puppy that becomes the best bird dog anyone's ever seen, if you prefer that apt non-academic analogy.

On her present trajectory she may crash and burn or she may ascend to do great things.

She's an effervescent sparkly freshman. A shiny object the media likes a lot.
    We shall see.

Oh....
    And she's more attractive than Bernie.

Bye.
    I just mounted a very old target turret fixed power 12x Benchrest Luepold on friend's new 6mm Creedmoor (not 6.5mm)while he considers what optic to buy.
    Back in a couple hours. Cold out!

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    She reminds me of the carefree, gleeful, scintillating and overly ambitious high-school freshman girl that has the potential to become class valedictorian four years later and go on to graduate summa cumm laude from Rice.

Or maybe the energetic clumsy Labrador puppy that becomes the best bird dog anyone's ever seen, if you prefer that apt non-academic analogy.

On her present trajectory she may crash and burn or she may proceed to do great things.

She's an effervescent sparkly freshman.
    We shall see.

Oh....
    And she's more attractive than Bernie.

Sounds like your only concern is her appearance. She’s not a puppy or a preteen girl, she’s an adult woman.

Your evidence for claiming any level of higher intelligence fails with the slightest bit of scrutiny.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Why thanks for the cordiality.
    I said next to nothing so I'm puzzled by your acerbic response.

What's misleading about pointing out that the average health expenditure is $12,000 per capita, ~$50k for a family of 4.
    If you and I are in the top half of earners that means you and I are already funding the bottom half. My graph is not what we spend on health care. It's what is spent on each of us.

And your solution is????

It’s misleading because it includes insurance costs. Insurance is not healthcare.

As far as what we spend. I would expect a rich nation to spend more than a poor nation. I bet Venezuela spends very little on healthcare per capita. Doesn’t mean we want to be like them.

My solution is to start with using real data. Not mislead people with “we spend the most but we have shorter lifespans on average” which implies that our short lifespans are the fault of a poor healthcare system.

You know this, yet you post such misleading information without hesitation. It’s utterly dishonest.

Top Bottom