• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I am looking to add a GREEN LASER to my SOG AR-15.
    I picked up a Beamshot from Gander Mountain "5mw" and me no likee. It does not work worth a crap in the day time, even @ 50 yards.

I was wonder what suggestions and recommendations some of you might have.

I was hoping that Surefire made a tactical green laser, but I have not found it yet if they do.
    Guns International

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    i have an nd3 laser designator for sale in the classifieds... i am sure you were wanting an aiming style laser though

Yes - I am looking for a aiming device. I looked at the Sig Sauer Tactical Green laser online. It looks pretty darn good.

I am just waiting for others to chime in.

Help me out guy's :) What is the best green laser sight out on the market today ?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    North Richland Hills (DFW)
    Go to wickedlasers.com

They sell green lasers several hundred times more powerful than what you can find here in the U.S. I had a 75 mW one a few years ago and could pop dark colored balloons with it. The laser is DEFINITELY visible during the day. At night the entire beam is visible and bright (may not be beneficial in some circumstances).

They used to have a mil-spec model that was made for mounting to weapons and cost around $1600. I believe their prices have come down over the years, as with all laser prices, but I don't know what the equivelant model would be today.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I had/have one, it quit working but it shot a beam in daylight quite well and night, wow ! The problem was that to adjust it to your rifle sights , tool needed, a tiny allen wrench, was hard as heck to do and I never quite got it right. MidwayUSA and others have green lasers for rifles that have knobs to adjust the beam to your sights. If I ever order another one to replace the worthless one I have/had , it will be one of those. Don't waste your money on those like mine. A real good $400-500 night scope is what I would really rather have but bucks are thin at this time and place....

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    I know this isnt "tactical" or for firearms but there are a ton of laser how to vids on youtube. From usin just cd lasers to bluray lasers.

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I ended up with the Laserlyte K-15 Kryptonyte Carbine Green Gun Sight Laser.
    I picked it up from Midway USA for about $199.00
    I had some troubles at first with the connection in the battery compartment. I would have to turn the battery cap / plug to make good contact and turn the green laser on.
    I found some good contact cleaner chemical and used a q-tip, cleaned it all up and now it works everytime.
    I think that the pressure pad could be a bit longer or have a choice to get a longer one would be nice. I could probaly make one if I needed it. But I have my pad on my veritical grip and it just so happens thast mine was the perfect length right outta the box.
    On another note: I was using the laser at the range last weekend / well I turned it on to see how well it work in the sun light. It DONT.
    I could barely see it at 25 yards, I was aiming at someone else's target. My targets were a little further down range :)

Overall - I like it for the money paid.

Top Bottom