Greeting from a Hoosier that is TX bound.

minuteman32

I'm about to come to the Austin area for work, from Indiana. Kind of looking forward to it, but being an almost lifelong Hoosier, I'm a little nervous about a new states laws. In IN, we pretty much only have to make sure that where we are carrying isn't school/daycare property. No guns signs mean nothing here & we can carry into bars (we could actually get falling down drunk while packin' if we wanted, not illegal & has never been a problem here). Will need to find some good gun shops at some point, with good selection & prices. I've been really spoiled here! My LGS usually has new Glocks for $460 & used for $400 frequently (as an example).
Going to try to keep my IN residency, at least for a while, as I still have a home there, but will see about a TX ID incase I find a good deal on a pistol. Looking forward to warmer weather & less snow!

TX69

TGT Addict
Dec 23, 2012
DFW
I'm about to come to the Austin area for work, from Indiana. Kind of looking forward to it, but being an almost lifelong Hoosier, I'm a little nervous about a new states laws. In IN, we pretty much only have to make sure that where we are carrying isn't school/daycare property. No guns signs mean nothing here & we can carry into bars (we could actually get falling down drunk while packin' if we wanted, not illegal & has never been a problem here). Will need to find some good gun shops at some point, with good selection & prices. I've been really spoiled here! My LGS usually has new Glocks for $460 & used for $400 frequently (as an example).
Going to try to keep my IN residency, at least for a while, as I still have a home there, but will see about a TX ID incase I find a good deal on a pistol. Looking forward to warmer weather & less snow!
Welcome to Texas from Frisco. Where at in Indiana? I sent some time in Bloomington.

TX69

TGT Addict
Dec 23, 2012
DFW
Welcome! As for the various laws and differences, I suggest consulting the CHL-16, which is sort of the "Bible" of our laws and rules. http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/internetforms/forms/chl-16.pdf Hope it helps.
Excellent post/link but I believe their are some changes that have taken place that are not covered in the 2011-2012 CHL-16 link that has been provided. Some listings include the classification of "switchblade" knives and a few others.

tx_transplant

TGT Supporter
May 9, 2012
Greenville, TX
Excellent post/link but I believe their are some changes that have taken place that are not covered in the 2011-2012 CHL-16 link that has been provided. Some listings include the classification of "switchblade" knives and a few others.
Ugh. You're right. The main points are pretty much unchanged, but you are correct- the updated version is not out yet.

itsawondertoo

Semper Fi! Don't make me use my knife hands!
Jan 12, 2013
Katy, TX
Welcome to TGT and Texas my new Hoosier forum friend!

Top Bottom