• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Hello, Just wanted to say hi and looking forward to moving to your great state. To say Illinois has some hard core gun laws is an understatement. Ive been shooting all my life with my dad and with my 11 year old son for the last 4 years and he loves every min of it. My wife has family in TX and im a born and raised Chicago boy. Well we decided winter was enough and were moving to TX. Once I started looking at the gun laws I was excited to say the least. Ive never hurt anyone in my life. Ive been a firefighter/Emt for 17 years. Even though we are a good family I can not defend them properly if we were to get car jacked or held up. Im old school and live by the rules you never mess with another mans family,house or dog my pitbull Ripley. I also am unable to enjoy the shooting range with my son fully again do to our laws. To think how different and proper it is in TX brings a tear to my eye. Thanks for letting me rant a little and GOD BLESS TEXAS. If its really this good I will never leave the state. You wouldnt believe how good you have it!!!:patriot:
    DK Firearms

InfantryNCO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Kempner
    Hello, Just wanted to say hi and looking forward to moving to your great state. To say Illinois has some hard core gun laws is an understatement. Ive been shooting all my life with my dad and with my 11 year old son for the last 4 years and he loves every min of it. My wife has family in TX and im a born and raised Chicago boy. Well we decided winter was enough and were moving to TX. Once I started looking at the gun laws I was excited to say the least. Ive never hurt anyone in my life. Ive been a firefighter/Emt for 17 years. Even though we are a good family I can not defend them properly if we were to get car jacked or held up. Im old school and live by the rules you never mess with another mans family,house or dog my pitbull Ripley. I also am unable to enjoy the shooting range with my son fully again do to our laws. To think how different and proper it is in TX brings a tear to my eye. Thanks for letting me rant a little and GOD BLESS TEXAS. If its really this good I will never leave the state. You wouldnt believe how good you have it!!!:patriot:

Holy cow, that was great! Welcome to TGT from another noob. This looks to be a great place.

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    McKinney area. Im testing there next week Wed. Hey looking for some shooting buddies. I have a brand new DPMS Panther .308 Sass black rifle with a Burris 3x12-50 Extreme tatical scope. Sure would love some help sighting her in and finding out were to go.

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Thanks for all the feedback. Does anyone know of rifle ranges in the Dallas--Mckinney--Plano area?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    It didn't take me long to figure out that living in Illinios sucked. As soon as I was able I moved to TEXAS. Even living in Houston far exceeds living outside of Shitcago where I grew up. Last May after putting my dad to rest one of my great nieces asked when I would be back? I told her there are only two funerals left for me to attend that would bring me back home.

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Just took the CHL class yesterday loving this state. Was a very good class highly recommend it.

Top Bottom