• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • land locked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2021
    Nor Cal
    New to this forum but long time member on Calguns.

Been around firearms most of my life, collecting, shooting and buying and selling (always looking for the next great thing).

I have seen the decline in firearm freedom in my state and always like to hear the perspective of those that do not live under that. Coming here, I like what I see so far.
    Target Sports

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Left California in 1967. Was a Golden State then and a pretty good gun state. Shows what can and possibly will happen everywhere under the new administration. Didn't leave then because I didn't like California, left for education purposes. Wouldn't live there now.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Left California in 1967. Was a Golden State then and a pretty good gun state. Shows what can and possibly will happen everywhere under the new administration. Didn't leave then because I didn't like California, left for education purposes. Wouldn't live there now.

In 1970 I worked for AT&T around the Greater L.A. Basin. The state had a long rich history and fabulous natural wonder. But the riots happened in the 60s, and in the 70s it was already overcrowded. Was taking me 2hours to get to work, and 3 hours to get home. I quit in 1973. But already all my co-workers wanted to leave the state.

I still have some family there, but I refuse to go. They can come see me.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    In 1970 I worked for AT&T around the Greater L.A. Basin. The state had a long rich history and fabulous natural wonder. But the riots happened in the 60s, and in the 70s it was already overcrowded. Was taking me 2hours to get to work, and 3 hours to get home. I quit in 1973. But already all my co-workers wanted to leave the state.

I still have some family there, but I refuse to go. They can come see me.
    I worked in Watts during the 60's riots. I was there when National Guard driving jeeps with 50 caliber machine guns killed a milkman delivering milk. Watts was destroyed. Told my boss I would not work that route again until things were over. Not much left when I went back. Worked for Pacific Bell as a lineman for a short time in the 60's. All before I went to college. I have 2 brothers there, Biden lovers. Dumb shits.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I worked in Watts during the 60's riots. I was there when National Guard driving jeeps with 50 caliber machine guns killed a milkman delivering milk. Watts was destroyed. Told my boss I would not work that route again until things were over. Not much left when I went back. Worked for Pacific Bell as a lineman for a short time in the 60's. All before I went to college. I have 2 brothers there, Biden lovers. Dumb shits.

I remember the Watts riots very well. I lived in Pomona at the time (home of the NHRA winternationals) and later in the 70s in Huntington Beach and San Diego.

I can sympathize with your having Biden loving bros.... Mine that lives in Pismo is a BernieBro, and I'm sure he voted for Creepy Joe.

OP, sorry for the thread drift and what must seem like Cal bashing. Just remembering the bad old days. I could tell LOTS of sad stories.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Welcome! Spent most of my early life in Northern CA (Sacramento area). Left there on August 21st, 1990 (CA liberation day for me and the day I left CA for basic training in TX with the USAF) and never looked back. Come on down to Texas if you can!

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    New to this forum but long time member on Calguns.

Been around firearms most of my life, collecting, shooting and buying and selling (always looking for the next great thing).

I have seen the decline in firearm freedom in my state and always like to hear the perspective of those that do not live under that. Coming here, I like what I see so far.

Greetings from an ex California resident. I used to live in the Bay Area and I too got fed up with their insane laws and when I was offered a job in Houston I did not hesitate. Since moving here my gun collection has risen and no worries from law enforcement. I have hunted here more and since my daughter started taking competition shotgun shooting I have been shooting more shotguns.

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Frontier Battalion
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    Another former Calgunner here, welcome to the Great State of Texas. Yes, everything is bigger and can kill ya, but that is what makes livin', livin'. Texas style.

land locked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2021
    Nor Cal
    Welcome! Spent most of my early life in Northern CA (Sacramento area). Left there on August 21st, 1990 (CA liberation day for me and the day I left CA for basic training in TX with the USAF) and never looked back. Come on down to Texas if you can!

I am just North of Sacramento. Left in the early 90s and came back after my time in the Navy. Career, family, and all the other excuses I stayed here. I have Family in Texas but have not been there since I was a teenager. We are moving to Texas within the next few years and have some trips planned. We are an endangered species here and are the only conservative god loving family on our block.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom