• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miketuite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Plano
    Hi Folks,

I just found this forum from a link on glocktalk, and I'm very glad I did. I live in Plano and own a business in Garland. I've been in Texas for 13 years, but I'm originally a Yankee. I love everything about Texas - especially the Texans - except the heat. After 13 years, it still kills me.

I own a couple dozen rifles, pistols and revolvers which I don't get to shoot nearly often enough. I'd like to change that. I expect that learning some things and meeting some people here will go a long way toward making that happen. I plan to contribute as much as I can too.

Thanks for having me,

Mike
    Texas SOT

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Welcome aboard.
    I also come from the sub zero temps of the north and moved here
    to get away from it.The heat is ok if you stay at a indoor range in
    summer and outdoor for what they call winter here.:D

BeNotAfraid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Red River, Texas
    +1
    Roger That!

Greetings, Mike!

yours truly spent 60 year up in Ohio, on the icy shores of Lake Erie. Man--you ain't lived, 'till you get a -20*F winter day, with a Canadian wind 'bout 50mph howling across a frozen Lake Erie.

I'LL TAKE THE HEAT!

miketuite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Plano
    Thanks

You guys certainly are hospitable (or however you spell it.) I appreciate your welcoming remarks. It just confirms again my experience that (most) gun people are good people.

Thanks,

Mike

xaiver56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Welcome aboard...I spend many years in Plano. If you have a business in Garland, Targetmasters in Garland is my range of choice, great people there and a great place to shoot!

planorick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Welcome Mike. I am also in Plano and I too am from up North. I was born and raised in Ohio and got out of there as quickly as I could. If any of you guys are tired of the same old target shoot, let me know and I will get you hooked on competitive shooting. I do IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge and 3-gun.

miketuite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Plano
    Xaiver and Rick,

It sounds like Plano is a hot-bed of shooting activity! At least it's all done at the range (isn't it?)

Xaiver, my business is right around the corner from Targetmaster and, believe it or not, I've never shot there. I'll have to remedy that, thanks for reminding me.

Rick, where do you do your competitive shooting? I'd love to get involved in one of those activities, but I'd have to give up something else to do it.

Thanks to all for the "welcomes." They mean a lot to a guy who's trying to get involved in the forum.

Mike

planorick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Xaiver and Rick,

It sounds like Plano is a hot-bed of shooting activity! At least it's all done at the range (isn't it?)

Xaiver, my business is right around the corner from Targetmaster and, believe it or not, I've never shot there. I'll have to remedy that, thanks for reminding me.

Rick, where do you do your competitive shooting? I'd love to get involved in one of those activities, but I'd have to give up something else to do it.

Thanks to all for the "welcomes." They mean a lot to a guy who's trying to get involved in the forum.

Mike

We shoot some in Denton on Sunday, on a very small scale, but we shooting every Saturday in Greenville. We have a pretty good group of folks out there. We also host the Texas State Championship at our club. Here is the website to our club and will have all the information you need to get started. www.ccidpa.org If you have any questions, please let me know and I will do what I can to help you get strated.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom