Gun Zone Deals

Greg Abbott for Governor- Please Help!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I ant to go all in, but am apprehensive because he is showing to be not as gun friendly as he appears. He has informed some major NFA dealers in the state that he won't let members of his staff sign form 1 and form 4 transfer paperwork (although they would qualify as CLEO if signing in his place) because of the same bullshit perceived "liability" of signing the form. His statement was basically that his office might have to prosecute someone who used an NFA weapon in a crime and if they signed the forms they have liability.. That is complete and utter BS... It is the same BS that other CLEOs have been using to dodge their responsibility when it comes to NFA.

I am researching some of the other candidates. I will of course support him if it comes down to him vs Abortion Barbie... but I won't be as enthused about it as I was before learning about this.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I ant to go all in, but am apprehensive because he is showing to be not as gun friendly as he appears. He has informed some major NFA dealers in the state that he won't let members of his staff sign form 1 and form 4 transfer paperwork (although they would qualify as CLEO if signing in his place) because of the same bullshit perceived "liability" of signing the form. His statement was basically that his office might have to prosecute someone who used an NFA weapon in a crime and if they signed the forms they have liability.. That is complete and utter BS... It is the same BS that other CLEOs have been using to dodge their responsibility when it comes to NFA.

Source?

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    I just put in $25 for myself and $25 for my wife!

Do they just send the bumper sticker?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-13-16-53-01.jpg
      Screenshot_2013-12-13-16-53-01.jpg
      11.2 KB · Views: 84
    • Screenshot_2013-12-13-17-00-12.jpg
      Screenshot_2013-12-13-17-00-12.jpg
      14 KB · Views: 85

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'd like to discuss this topic once we have a video, news article, press release, court document, something to discuss. Not denying it, we just need something concrete to discuss. Furthermore, overall, Mr Abbott has went out of his way to promote gun rights and would promote a political climate in Texas where NFA items would be more acceptable by the public and politicians.

This is chess, not checkers.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Copied from a post on Facebook in an NFA group I am am member of...

Soooooo Texans,

I met with Attorney General Greg Abbott a while back to discuss 41P and the implications it has on OUR 2A rights. He was genuinely concerned and put me in touch with a Robert Allen, a member of his staff. I wrote a letter to the AG and talked with Robert. Robert told me that they had a team of lawyers look at 41P. I asked them if the AG's office would sign off on Form 4s where a local CLEO would not. The lawyers looked over my proposal and declined due to potential "liability" associated with signing off on the forms. I was told that they could potentially co-counsel a prosecution where an NFA firearm was used and they had signed the Form 4. This highly highly highly unlikely situation is what Attorney General Abbott's is using as his excuse not to sign Form 4s as a CLEO. This puts him in line with liberals like Dallas County Sheriff Lupe Valdez.

If you are a Texan and you believe in your Second Amendment Rights, please contact Attorney General Abbott's office and let him know that you disagree with his anti-Second Amendment stance on this issue. If you did not know, Greg Abbott is running for Governor and stands on a pro-2A platform. This move is anything but pro-2A. If you want change, don't bitch and do something about it.

email: greg.abbott@texasattorneygeneral.gov
    Robert Allen's direct phone: 512-936-2902
    Greg Abbott's Campaign Office 512-477-2002

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

Soooooo Texans,

I met with Attorney General Greg Abbott a while back to discuss 41P and the implications it has on OUR 2A rights. He was genuinely concerned and put me in touch with a Robert Allen, a member of his staff. I wrote a letter to the AG and talked with Robert. Robert told me that they had a team of lawyers look at 41P. I asked them if the AG's office would sign off on Form 4s where a local CLEO would not. The lawyers looked over my proposal and declined due to potential "liability" associated with signing off on the forms. I was told that they could potentially co-counsel a prosecution where an NFA firearm was used and they had signed the Form 4. This highly highly highly unlikely situation is what Attorney General Abbott's is using as his excuse not to sign Form 4s as a CLEO. This puts him in line with liberals like Dallas County Sheriff Lupe Valdez.

If you are a Texan and you believe in your Second Amendment Rights, please contact Attorney General Abbott's office and let him know that you disagree with his anti-Second Amendment stance on this issue. If you did not know, Greg Abbott is running for Governor and stands on a pro-2A platform. This move is anything but pro-2A. If you want change, don't bitch and do something about it.

Let me get this straight, your local CLEO will not sign off on the 41P and you want to then take it to the state AG and have them sign off on it? (please correct me if I am wrong)

And the AG legal team reviewed it and took a pass on that. Unless there is more to this I agree 100%. Common courtesy and sense would dictate the state AG would not overrule a local CLEO, in fact I respect the AG for taking that stand. The complaint is NOT with the state AG, but with your local CLEO. Which brings me to my next question: Why won't your local CLEO sign off??????

In addition I see this as putting a unneeded burden on the state AG office to handle requests from across the state rather than having it done locally.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

Im no legal expert...i think CLEOs should sign off if no legal reason not to but im not sure if its the Attorney Generals "lane of fire" to be signing off for NFA items.

Do you know his entire stance regarding NFA items, sign offs, and gun rights in Texas? (I dont but this seems like drawing a wide condemnation from a narrow example)

He hasnt just talked a lot about gun rights in Texas he has stuck his neck out for the 2A community.

Im not saying this issue shouldnt be discussed, just that Mr Abbott and his gun rights views, stances and actions need to be taken in their entirety.

Last edited:

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Let me get this straight, your local CLEO will not sign off on the 41P and you want to then take it to the state AG and have them sign off on it? (please correct me if I am wrong)

And the AG legal team reviewed it and took a pass on that. Unless there is more to this I agree 100%. Common courtesy and sense would dictate the state AG would not overrule a local CLEO, in fact I respect the AG for taking that stand. The complaint is NOT with the state AG, but with your local CLEO. Which brings me to my next question: Why won't your local CLEO sign off??????

In addition I see this as putting a unneeded burden on the state AG office to handle requests from across the state rather than having it done locally.

Local LEO's should not have the right to arbitrarily ban NFA weapons because they are jackasses and don't want to sign. The AG's office could fix this very easily by providing signatures for people who live in jurisdictions where the previously mentioned jackasses have this power. He comes up with a totally bullshit reason not to do so. I consider the NFA infringement. It is equally if not more important to me than open carry. If this is the stance that he will take as the AG, what stance would he take as governor? If 41p goes into effect as written we will need a some sort of state solution to over-ride these arbitrary bans created by people like Sheriff Wilson in Williamson county.

Most local LEO's who won't sign are anti-gun, so this is supporting their anti-gun agenda.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Instead of sending money to an establishment candidate in the "hope" he will represent and defend our interests, it is instructive to note how effective and low cost grass roots efforts were in Colorado to recall traitors from office.

I would rather give my money to an "insurgent" constitutional candidate and risk a loss, than to give $$ to a mainstream "get along" self-proclaimed "conservative" candidate and still lose in the long run.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Who is not establishment? What or who exactly defines who is and who is not establishment?

All of these 'word tools' used to attack candidates.

Last edited:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Abbott is not establishment. I was all on board with Abbott until the NFA part came out. That is important to me.

The establishment candidate in the primary is Douchehurst....

Another option to research is Lisa Frisch (Home | Lisa Fritsch for 48th Governor of Texas).

Amazing how I consider myself pretty well tuned in to Texas politics and didn't know how much of an asshole Douchehurst actually is until the dirty campaign he ran against Ted Cruz.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Who is not establishment? What or who exactly defines who is and who is not establishment?

All of these 'word tools' used to attack candidates.

My definition is thus: If they come to power in an election and are backed by either the Republican or Democrat parties, they are by definition "Establishment."

As neither party has led our communities to lower taxes, less regulation, and less liberty, then by definition they are Statists.

Nor did I deliberately "attack" any particular candidate, but rather gave them all a broad brush stroke that is to say they are not for us, but for themselves.

A viable "insurgent" candidate would call for the abolition of homestead property taxes: No Texan can own a homestead unless he pays a tax for the right of property. This flies in the face of Property Rights, which should be inviolable.

A viable "insurgent" candidate would call for an end to all State entitlement programs, and shift those efforts to where they rightfully belong -- to the extended families of the needy or to charitable organizations with proven records of public service (Salvation Army, Catholic Charities).

A viable "insurgent" candidate would call for the end of all public subsidy to education. The reason we pay so much for so much ineffective education is because we subsidize mediocrity. Schools have no incentive to get better. Parents should not be taxed for education. They should be responsible for the education of their own.

A viable "insurgent" candidate would call for State's Rights. Promise to ignore/defy any and all Federal Laws/Rules/Dictates that violate the State's sovereign rights.

I could go on, and on, and on.

Politics as usual will surely be our undoing.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom