• ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Renegade and Austin..

if open carry of a long gun is really legal in Texas, then please take your rifle out for a walk down town somewhere or anywhere there are people and lets us know how it turns out for you. Prove that you can do that and not get into trouble with the police over that or some other bull shit charge that all started with you carrying in the first place.
    go for a walk, film it, and get back to us.
    Target Sports

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Renegade and Austin..if open carry of a long gun is really legal in Texas, then please take your rifle out for a walk down town somewhere or anywhere there are people and lets us know how it turns out for you. Prove that you can do that and not get into trouble with the police over that or some other bull shit charge that all started with you carrying in the first place. go for a walk, film it, and get back to us.
    vamx... reread our posts, and keep doing it until you understand them. As to OC, I live in urban Austin. I wouldn't get a block until I had attracted at least 20 DC or DP complaints, and then I would get detained and searched, and then I would do something stupid, and then I would get arrested for SOMETHING OTHER THAN OC!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    vamx... reread our posts, and keep doing it until you understand them. As to OC, I live in urban Austin. I wouldn't get a block until I had attracted at least 20 DC or DP complaints, and then I would get detained and searched, and then I would do something stupid, and then I would get arrested for SOMETHING OTHER THAN OC!

I fully understand what your point is... the charge will be for something other than OC.. but the act of OC is what gets the cops on you.
    The guy in Andrews got arrested because people called in on him and that his actions startled people

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    but the act of OC is what gets the cops on you.
    No, it is the complaints that your OC draw that gets the cops on you. and then they have to investigate. Not all OC results what you describe. Your logic continues to be flawed. I'm done.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Renegade and Austin..

if open carry of a long gun is really legal in Texas, then please take your rifle out for a walk down town somewhere or anywhere there are people and lets us know how it turns out for you. Prove that you can do that and not get into trouble with the police over that or some other bull shit charge that all started with you carrying in the first place.
    go for a walk, film it, and get back to us.

I have and nothing happens so what? From your own link in post 28:

Man Arrested for Openly Carrying Rifle, Andrews Police Chief Spe - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Chief Jones said they'll continue to support the group this weekend and make sure they have a rally that goes smoothly without interruptions from the community. The rally will be Saturday at 2:00 p.m. in front of the Andrews County Courthouse.

So how many arrest were there at the rally the chief supported?

How many were arrested at the Alamo on 10/19/2013? If OC/Rifle is illegal, than the answer should "ALL OF THEM" right?

Open-Carry-at-the-Alamo1.jpg

johncolt51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    I know they're doing it in OK, and there are aspects of it I like…but it seems like there would need to be a whole series of companion laws, to go along with it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The Andrews police chief said the man was arrested because he refused to communicate with the officers and after making his way to the court house they decided that due to his suspicious activities (I would call that course of action rather odd) he was taken in to custody. Sounds like he played a stupid game.

That info comes from the phone conversation posted by Shotgun Jeremy. Most who have screamed about the arrest it seems weren't willing to listen to it or didn't have much comment after hearing the other side.

Some of these arrests appear to be trumped up crap, the majority look like they could be avoided if we just act the same as we would any other time we deal with the police. Be polite, sort things out, and get back on our way.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    if the act of open carrying a long gun in Texas is legal why do police have to make contact with people and investigate a legal activity?

It would be like saying that jogging in a city park is legal, but every time you go jogging you have to inform the local police ahead of time and people who drive by are startled by your jogging and the police come up to you and forcibly stop you from jogging, and if you don't lie down on the ground and roll over like a dog you'll likely draw a charge and be arrested.. not for jogging though

johncolt51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    This is a good, graphic example of why open carry might be a bad idea. We are so paranoid, as a society, that this is gonna freak people the hell out! Seems like it would breed a lot of itchy fingers. On the other side of the coin, I would not want anybody telling me I couldn't own a gun.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    if the act of open carrying a long gun in Texas is legal why do police have to make contact with people and investigate a legal activity?

As already explained to you, in the Grisham case the Police were called. That is probably going to be the #1 reason.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    As already explained to you, in the Grisham case the Police were called. That is probably going to be the #1 reason.

the police were called? What?? for a legal activity? Really? so, then the police should have told the caller to never mind, its just a man with a rifle and that is legal in Texas... But they didn't did they?

On paper its legal, but if you do it, especially on your own and not in a group that has called the police ahead of time, you stand a good chance of getting into trouble.. but not for carrying

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    the police were called? What?? for a legal activity? Really? so, then the police should have told the caller to never mind, its just a man with a rifle and that is legal in Texas... But they didn't did they?

No. They were called for SP.

Why don't you read your own links before posting.

If someone does that in front of my house it is also trespassing, as I own it all.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    No. They were called for SP.

Why don't you read your own links before posting.

If someone does that in front of my house it is also trespassing, as I own it all.

having the rifle made him a SP to the police, but you said that open carry is legal in Texas?
    its like saying that driving is legal, but having a car makes you a suspect:banghead:

if the letter of the law is followed, the police should have told the caller that carrying a long gun in Texas is legal, just like jogging or playing golf
    but..again..they didn't did they?

you see, I know the "law" says it is legal to carry a long gun in Texas, but people freak out and call the cops and the cops, instead of telling them it is legal, go investigate you as a suspect and if you say or do anything they don't like while you are legally carrying your long gun, you end up with a set of high polished bracelets and a lawyer bill

because a few of them don't give a crap about your rights.. what they do know is that you are causing an issue for them to write a report about.
    They will arrest you for disturbing the peace or whatever and let the lawyers figure it out later. but for now, you are going to jail

They are doing this to discourage a legal freedom. They figure if they make an example out of a few
    good ole boys, the rest of us will fall in line.

then they tell the media

"we fully support the right to bear arms"

what do you expect them to say to the media?

"we are tired of these damn red necks carrying long guns in town and scaring the hell out of people and causing panic."

it is the classic Will Teasle situation when be brought Rambo in and charged him for vagrancy

I fully support OC and I hate to see guys getting done this way but the fact is that Texas is full of hipsters and yuppies from far west and up north who freak the heck out while driving by in the Hyundai sipping on a green tea when they see a guy with a rifle on his shoulder. They panic and call the cops, who think, "oh hell, here comes Robert freaking Denario in an Army field jacket with a Mohawk.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Holy fucking shit!

This is some of the most intentionally argumentative crap I've ever seen. We know what we mean, we know why the cops are called, we KNOW why they show up. Because they were called. Why is that difficult?

I like OC, I like that people are doing it to make it normal again, I don't like that these MORONS stir shot up with the cops because "HOW DARE THEY QUESTION MY RIGHTS? THEM SUMBITCHES!"

You want it to be normal and accepted again? Then WORK WITH THE COPS! If they ask you what's going on them cooperate. If they say you can't, them move on, go home, or whatever it takes to end the situations and fight it at the next city council meeting, NOT ON THE STREET.

Hate to break any odors heart, but getting yourself arrested and being a martyr HURTS our cause.

If you are doing pretty much ANY legal activity and someone calls the cops they WILL show up and your WILL be questioned, even if you DON'T have a gun. Try it, call the cops next time someone walks down your street, say they are suspicious and they are scaring you. Bet the cops show up, because they HAVE TO.

Watch the person cooperate and move on. You know why you don't hear about cooperative gun owners being arrested? Because it VERY seldom happens. You hear about the ones who act stupid, who wanna have court on the street corner where there is no judge and you are guaranteed to lose. Fight your fight where you can win it.

Seriously, stop and look at the arguments. Everybody is so damn dead set on being right that you gotta be anti OC or **** the cops, I don't have to talk to them. That's ridiculous and it will get us nowhere.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    having the rifle made him a SP to the police, but you said that open carry is legal in Texas?

if the letter of the law is followed, the police should have told the caller that carrying a long gun in Texas is legal, just like jogging or playing golf
    but..again..they didn't did they

The caller reported reported a couple walking "with a big black gun in his hands". The police do not know if the carry is legal or not until they ascertain he is not a prohibited person, he is not near a school zone, it is not an non-registered NFA weapon, he is not carrying it in a manner to alarm, he does not plan harm, the person he is walking with is not a kidnap victim. etc. As it turned out, he was illegally walking on the wrong side of the road, a Class C misdemeanor which he was not arrested/charged for.

Top Bottom