• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    FWIW Greg Abbott was on Glenn Beck this morning and Greg brought up that he was for open carry here in Texas. Just passing this on for those like me that might not have known this about the man.
    DK Firearms

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    oh hell ya. now I can "hope and change" that I can carry something other than my Kahr CM40 in a true "forward" effort. Take that MSNBC lol. oh and PS, one thing is "not like the other", i.e. we're not like you !! lol.

challl80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    Cypress, TX
    I personally don't want to carry open, but do not think we should be told we can't. I'm on the abbott/Patterson train!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Political appeasement talk. He's had plenty of time on the job , to do something already.
    I was initially glad to hear this, and then like you mention started thinking he was just saying this for political gain. There aren't many in Texas politics that I am aware are actively pushing for OC.

Personally I'd like to see Constitutional Carry here in Texas. But for some reason that kind of freedom scares people.

pixel5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    I was initially glad to hear this, and then like you mention started thinking he was just saying this for political gain. There aren't many in Texas politics that I am aware are actively pushing for OC.

Personally I'd like to see Constitutional Carry here in Texas. But for some reason that kind of freedom scares people.

Freedom is only a perspective. Choice is a responsibility that most people do not want. They want freedom from choice.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

We have CC herein Texas for all firearms except handguns. Sure it scares some. But it is legal. All we need to do is add handguns to the list and we have every firearm covered.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Not a fan of open carry but I would support the freedom to do so. Unfortunately I do believe that it would cause more problems than it would solve.

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    Not a fan of open carry but I would support the freedom to do so. Unfortunately I do believe that it would cause more problems than it would solve.
    For awhile, until all the california transplants stopped screaming. I support "Carry". Concealed or open isn't an issue for me. In the summer, I'd mostly open carry, but in the winter, my coat may cover it.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

This is an old school conservative law and order state, not a libertarian style "free/independent" state.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    For awhile, until all the california transplants stopped screaming. I support "Carry". Concealed or open isn't an issue for me. In the summer, I'd mostly open carry, but in the winter, my coat may cover it.

I don't beleive that there would that much worry from Libtards here. The main concern would inflated egos and bravado in place of brain cells that would make the news.

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    We have CC herein Texas for all firearms except handguns. Sure it scares some. But it is legal. All we need to do is add handguns to the list and we have every firearm covered.
    Apparently not when those that do are getting charged w/ disorderly Conduct:
    “Disorderly Conduct. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly…(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm.”
    And some of our cops are choosing to go this route with the long gun OCers.

Just imagine if dispatchers at 911 call centers educated people it was legal.....

This is an old school conservative law and order state, not a libertarian style "free/independent" state.
    No argument from me on this .

I don't beleive that there would that much worry from Libtards here. The main concern would inflated egos and bravado in place of brain cells that would make the news.
    I had the same concern when CC was being talked about. But the Wild West shootouts didn't happen like some suggested they would, and now over time I have, and continue to get up to speed on the Constitution and it is a Right I want back. If an someone with an inflated ego or bravado does something stupid they'll have to face the consequences of their actions in a court of law, or quite possibly they may be dead because of their ego and or bravado.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Apparently not when those that do are getting charged w/ disorderly Conduct:
    “Disorderly Conduct. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly…(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm.”
    And some of our cops are choosing to go this route with the long gun OCers.

How do you know they were not really in violation of DO?

Pictures I have seen of some of those doofus's at Starbucks would as DO to me.

I OC a rifle before with no issues.

Top Bottom