• ...and so much more!
  • gasgas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    S Texas
    This all part of the government being able to control everyone
    Cut off power,
    That eventually will be electric cars and you can not charge car or go anywhere because the communist government can shut down power at will

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Well if they need more wind they better start praying to God for it!
    No one else, especially the government, is going to be able to help with that.

Meh they will just get all the unemployed or all the oil workers to learn to spin the windmill blades by hand its better than learning to code.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    We just had this same discussion, when your electric car runs out on the side of the road what do you do? Hike to the store for a lot of batteries, this whole green energy thing has gotten out of hand, you would have thought during the winter storm that was just had folks would have learned a thing or two.
    What if you are stuck in traffic? Refueling a car takes what 7 minutes, how long to charge a car?

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

That's not entirely accurate. It depends on the level of the charger. Typical homes can take 14 hours to charge, but a charger built to charge it can do it in less than 7 minutes. FYI. None of you can refuel your car from home so don't act like your system is better.

I know there is a lot of resistance to "green" energy, but there are SOME benefits. It's pros/cons weight. I don't think it needs to be forced. People like Musk can make it happen without mandates. I see Teslas everywhere now.

We wouldn't be in this damned nightmare if we had nuclear power.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Just put 600-amp service at your house...speedy charging problem solved

The concept of EV’s is really optimized to charge overnight at home, while you sleep. 50 amps should generally suffice.

Ultra-fast charging is hard on the batteries, and will degrade them faster than slower charging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    That's not entirely accurate. It depends on the level of the charger. Typical homes can take 14 hours to charge, but a charger built to charge it can do it in less than 7 minutes. FYI. None of you can refuel your car from home so don't act like your system is better.

I know there is a lot of resistance to "green" energy, but there are SOME benefits. It's pros/cons weight. I don't think it needs to be forced. People like Musk can make it happen without mandates. I see Teslas everywhere now.

We wouldn't be in this damned nightmare if we had nuclear power.
    From Tesla site:
    Supercharger stations are placed on well-traveled routes and dense urban centers, allowing your car to charge to 80% in about 30 minutes

Destination chargers typically 12 hours for full charge.

Home charging typically 12 hours for full charge.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Many of these predictions, or declarations by the so-called tree-huggers, demanding we will be on alternative power sources, and all-electric vehicles by the year 2035, are not based i reality bt any stretch of the imagination. They are making assumptions that the technology will be reached at a point in the near future to achieve that goal. That's just not realistic or even possible.

There have been major advancements in battery technology over the last ten years or so, but still it has a long ways to go before reaching a point that an all electric vehicle can perform like a petroleum fueled vehicle under the same conditions.

Personally, I'm not opposed to alternative electrical sources for power production, but again, the technology has to catch up with current times, and become affordable and dependable. Again, we are not there yet.

I'd like to see cleaner energy sources for power production. Like many other people, I want a cleaner environment as well for future generations.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Texas becoming like California when they shut down generators during the height of the summer for "routine" maintenance driving electric bills to $1300 a month for a one bedroom apartment.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Did ya'll know there's a cement shortage?
    I can't finish the grid upgrades in my allotted outage time if I can't get concrete.
    Gonna be a long summer and a clusterfuck fall.

That ice storm was a warning.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Did ya'll know there's a cement shortage?
    I can't finish the grid upgrades in my allotted outage time if I can't get concrete.
    Gonna be a long summer and a clusterfuck fall.

That ice storm was a warning.

Pulling the trigger right now on a whole house. I've learned in the last few days some places that sell/install them now have a waiting list.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I must be missing something here. What are your electrical bills normally a month?
    Last month we paid $30 for electric, 3 bedroom house, just the two of us. We are retired, don't use the dishwasher and keep the thermostat at 80 during the summer and 72 in the winter.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Knew someone who realized how much their house value had gone up. Put it on the market. Then priced having a new house built. Promptly took their house back off the market.

Top Bottom