• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Yesterday, ERCOT issued a public appeal for conservation. ERCOT overestimated supply (wind did not produce what was forecast) and underestimated demand. Warnings were issued about reserves being below minimum. Winds have been down and so wind generation during peak demand hours is pretty low, will be again today.

Market prices spiked to $2k.

Yes, let's go 100% renewables...
    DK Firearms

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    So much demand being added daily from all the new houses and businesses. Is there any new supply being added to keep up?

I didn't really want to get a new Generac whole house, but I'm not gonna sit in 100° house.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    They had shut down facilities for maintenance as it was predicted to be a cooler day than it was. They're prepping for summer for when they're really needed.
    Correct. Maintenance outages were high, as they always are this time of year.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The day after Hurricane Harvey, they shut off the natural gas because of all the leaks....you could smell gas in the air everywhere.....but that is on the coast.........same thing happened in Moore OK after their two tornados according to a friend who lives there with a NG powered generator...he changed to LPG after the first one.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    The day after Hurricane Harvey, they shut off the natural gas because of all the leaks....you could smell gas in the air everywhere.....but that is on the coast.........same thing happened in Moore OK after their two tornados according to a friend who lives there with a NG powered generator...he changed to LPG after the first one.

LPG is by far the best option, but I'm guessing local rules and regs won't let me do that. Wish I could.

awmp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    We just had this same discussion, when your electric car runs out on the side of the road what do you do? Hike to the store for a lot of batteries, this whole green energy thing has gotten out of hand, you would have thought during the winter storm that was just had folks would have learned a thing or two.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I meant that they are burned, so they are gonna sound the alarm sooner rather than later. We're building crazy new subdivisions a lot faster than the infrastructure to supply them...
    Understand. But actually, there are pre-set levels at which the various notices are issued. So while that could have been the case, it was not.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom