• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I have a Kamado Joe that I’ve had for almost 5 years. I’m looking at getting one of those grill blowers to manage temperature. I think I want the fireboard 2.

Anyone had positive or negative experiences? Recommendations.
    Thanks
    Target Sports

Mr. Atoz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2021
    Fort Worth
    I have a large Green Egg and smoke a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. I bought a blower off Amazon (forget what brand). It monitors grill temp and food temp. It attaches to the lower vent. Uses bluetooth and an iPhone app. Pick a preset or set a custom one. No more getting up to check the temps. Just sit back and enjoy your favorite beverage. Nice when you're doing a 4 hour "low.and slow". I don't think there is any need to spend the big bucks on one of the fancy big name ones though.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The wife and I were at Lowes last weekend picking up a few things we needed.

I got very entranced with the new Oklahoma Joe's pellet smokers! Wife had to practically drag me out of the store.

kosmostx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2014
    I have a Flame Boss 200 that I've used with my large BGE for the last few years. No complaints. If you're keeping the lid closed or just opening it long enough to spritz or baste whatever is cooking it will hold temperature within 5 degrees either side of the set point until you run out of lump. If you leave the lid open long enough for the fire to flare up it will take a little longer to stabilize the temp.

I threw together a 30 gallon UDS around a month ago to make it easier to take the show on the road and used the Flame Boss without the fan on a couple of cooks just to have a log to look at later to see how it held temps and how it reacted to different things (lid open, vent adjustments, etc.).

Never used or know anyone with a Fireboard, but they have a pretty good reputation. Probably can't go wrong with either.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Pellet smokers? That's like combat training via "Call of Duty". Yeah it's the easiest method but definitely not the best. When they start winning on a regular basis on the BBQ circuit I'll grudgingly consider getting one.

I think I'd save the cost of the unit and just get some take-out.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    okay.jpeg

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I ended up getting a FireBoard. Not the cheapest option, but the pork butt and brisket I have done were good.

1620830891818.png

Top Bottom