• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jones creek kid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    El Campo
    I have a Kimber custom II with the original rubber checkered grips. I would love to get new grips, the Kimber does NOT have front strap checkering. i am looking at a faux ivory smooth grip and was wandering if the smooth grips are a good ideal or not for a carry gun... does it really matter, i haven't had a chance to try it.

part two. I am also looking for full size faux ivory grips with a TEXAS flag on them in scrimshaw or whatever??
    Gun Zone Deals

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Seems like that would be slick as hell. It wold feel great but I don't think I'd like fumbling trying to draw.

I had the front strap checkered on my HD so both of mine are now, but my primary carry has Alumagrips with tactical checkering. I can draw very easy and while the smooth half of the grips feel much better against me, the checkered front half are very grippy.

My HD I have Esmeralda cocabolo's also tactical half checkered. If it were my primary carry, I think I'd try some Larry Davidson 4x4's and have him do them in a semi-carry.

I think Ivory belongs on a safe queen Colt.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I wanted faux ivory grips too but the 'slick' characteristic changed my mind. At least I think it'll be slick, no actual experience.

Most often I carry with the rubber checker grips for utility. I usually remove the wood grips, especially nice ones. But I picked up some CmC slim grips that I'm going to try out.

I've been interested in also getting some grips from Larry Davidson. I have seen his work a lot and they look quality. I believe he can also produces slim grips.

MrsFosforos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    I had some custom alumagrips made for my husband's 1911 - at Gungrips.net. I like the way they turned out, and need to get pics to post! Conrad emailed me back and forth a few times to make sure I got what I wanted. The grips received were much better looking than the pictures on the site depict!

They also work with polymer to laser etch your own design. The turn around on our order was within a week or so.

MrsFosforos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    We wanted to customize them - here's a pic:
    hoboCat0001grip.jpg

The bear image is representative of this Finnish flag
    th_vaakuna_suomi_vaakunakomitea.gif

jones creek kid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    El Campo
    my new grips

Thanks for all the advice. i have been emailing conrad at www.Gungrips.new even through the holiday weekend and i got an email yesterday saying my new grips were going out today... awsome, i can't wait... will post pics when i have them

Top Bottom