Join TexasGunTalk

Group Buy interest in side charging uppers? Austin Preferred

Discussion in 'Want To Buy' started by Anger, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Anger

Anger Well-Known

I'd prefer to organize a group buy in the Austin area, but we regularly get to Houston, San Anton, and Mesquite so those areas would not be out of the question.

Either this product from joe bobs. We'd save $40 by ordering three at once, shipped free. I just wish Crosshill Technologies made a left hand "stripped upper" or i'd already be on ordering three for myself (two rights, one left).

Crosshill Technologies XSR-15 Side Charge Upper- Right Hand
    -or-
    http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Cro..._15_Side_Charge_Upper_A_p/cht-xsr-15-ambi.htm

OR

another option which I can't publish here, pm me for details..the deal in the works is for either left hand, right hand and true ambi side charging "stripped" uppers. The uppers come with the billet upper, BCG, side chargers. The deal in the works looks pretty nice to me and it's my preferred choice for side charging uppers.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  2. Mreed911

Mreed911 TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'd commit to being in on this if it's the RHO version. Not interested in the ambi.

3. Anger

Anger Well-Known

For the Crosshill products from joebobs, it's three pieces of either type so Right hand would definitely apply. The crosshill ambi modle is a bit silly as it's not really "ambi". It has an "ambi" charging handle only, still right hand eject. I pm'd you the alternative option details also.

4. hoothrewpoo

hoothrewpoo Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Dripping Springs
    I'm interested, and in Austin. The upper only need a barrel, gas set up and handguard... correct?

5. Anger

Anger Well-Known

Yep, both brands of "uppers" i'm considering group buy on are 1/2 way inbetween a stripped upper and a complete upper. They include the stripped upper, the BCG and the integral side charging handle(s). You would need the barrel, barrel nut, gas block, and gas tube with pin, and handguard (or free float tube). I'll pm you the details on brand x alternative to the Crosshill. We have the beginnings of the group buy now on Crosshill or the better "Brand X" product I"m entertaining. I just checked, the Crosshill is on backorder.

6. arvar

arvar New Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Anger,

Serious interest in these, and have the coin in hand.
    Email sent to you

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  7. Anger

Anger Well-Known

email replied to, and welcome to TGT.

Current Group Buy Stats:
    Anger: One LH brand "x", One RH brand "x", One Ambi brand "x"
    Mreed911: One RH brand "x"
    hoothrewpoo: Tentative, One undecided
    arvar: Tentative, One RH brand undecided

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  8. arvar

arvar New Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Count me in for sure on One RH brand "x"

email sent.

Thank you for providing this group buy. Great deal!

I look forward to trying my first side charger on my next project.

9. papalote

papalote Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Papalote
    Count me in for a RH brand X. Email sent. papaote

10. papalote

papalote Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Papalote
    Is this still a go? I can use two RH Brand X Papalote