• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Item(s) received and inspected. I delivered to one person this pm as luck would have it who was in town on buisness. I spent the remaining hour loose fitting my 3-gun set up 18" noveske lighweight bbl, midwest 12" gen 2 ss, lower TBD, ambi upper set up with a left hand eject bolt and left hand lever (which I'll eventually install both rh & lh levers)

I'll get a hold of y'all by email just as soon as I can. I've got lots of 2nd job picking, packing, shipping that needs to get done first. Please be patient !

Thanks !
    View attachment 26472

Last edited:

papalote

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    Papalote
    I picked up two receivers from Anger. They were very nice. I want to thank him again for putting this buy together. Papalote

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Great buy. Thanks for meeting up.

Anyone recommend a gas block with a rail on top that's the same height? That's all I'm missing... except the barrel... which I can't buy yet. :)

The trigger guard and pistol grip screw set (my replacement grip didn't come with one) are enroute. I'll post pics in late April once the build is complete, I hope (90-93 days for eforms right now, plus shipping time on the barrel and time to put it together).

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    I've used the PRI, it's a quality piece. one word of warning is that it's constructed of aluminum which was fine for my application. A lot of SHTF AR15.com purists will tell you go steel or stainless steel only. Precision Reflex - Product Detail - AR15/M16 Gas Block With Top Picatinny Rail - $67.00

I've also considered and purchased but never installed a Midwest. I didn't install it because I was building a weight weinie and this chunk of steel is HEAVY. https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=252

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I've used the PRI, it's a quality piece. one word of warning is that it's constructed of aluminum which was fine for my application. A lot of SHTF AR15.com purists will tell you go steel or stainless steel only. Precision Reflex - Product Detail - AR15/M16 Gas Block With Top Picatinny Rail - $67.00

It's funny, I was actually looking at the PRI and wondering what, if any effect the longer spacing would have on stressing the barrel, accuracy, etc. Interesting looking piece, though!

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    the PRI is like 1/3 the weight of the midwest. the PRI weighs about as much as the Troy SS low pro's I also use.

In hind sight, I MAY not bother bother with a railed gas block, and I MAY not use an aluminum block again...but for what that specific light weight build is for, it works fine. On that lightweight build, I did want a railed gas block for a specific reason. I wanted a rigid connection to the barrel for my front sight in the event the free float tube was pulled out of alignment from a sudden jolt of the sling being attached.

This product is also available. http://www.store-diamondhead-usa.com/Diamondhead_Receiver_Height_Gas_Block_0_750_p/3101.htmI haven't used it but it looks to be made from Steel and also looks to be lighter than the midwest due to the cutouts.

Last edited:

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    New guy here. Lurker since 12/13. I just order the Crosshill side charger from Joe Bob last night. What's your thoughts on it? And how well does that handle stay on the bolt?

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Thanks for the response. But what is the round piece located where the charging handle would be? And, can that act as a backup charging handle? My biggest concern with the Crosshill model is loosing the charging knob and being SOL if out hunting.

Top Bottom