• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I'd prefer to organize a group buy in the Austin area, but we regularly get to Houston, San Anton, and Mesquite so those areas would not be out of the question.

Either this product from joe bobs. We'd save $40 by ordering three at once, shipped free. I just wish Crosshill Technologies made a left hand "stripped upper" or i'd already be on ordering three for myself (two rights, one left).

Crosshill Technologies XSR-15 Side Charge Upper- Right Hand
    -or-
    http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Cro..._15_Side_Charge_Upper_A_p/cht-xsr-15-ambi.htm

OR

another option which I can't publish here, pm me for details..the deal in the works is for either left hand, right hand and true ambi side charging "stripped" uppers. The uppers come with the billet upper, BCG, side chargers. The deal in the works looks pretty nice to me and it's my preferred choice for side charging uppers.
    Military Camp

Last edited:

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    For the Crosshill products from joebobs, it's three pieces of either type so Right hand would definitely apply. The crosshill ambi modle is a bit silly as it's not really "ambi". It has an "ambi" charging handle only, still right hand eject. I pm'd you the alternative option details also.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Yep, both brands of "uppers" i'm considering group buy on are 1/2 way inbetween a stripped upper and a complete upper. They include the stripped upper, the BCG and the integral side charging handle(s). You would need the barrel, barrel nut, gas block, and gas tube with pin, and handguard (or free float tube). I'll pm you the details on brand x alternative to the Crosshill. We have the beginnings of the group buy now on Crosshill or the better "Brand X" product I"m entertaining. I just checked, the Crosshill is on backorder.

arvar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Anger,

Serious interest in these, and have the coin in hand.
    Email sent to you

Last edited:

arvar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Count me in for sure on One RH brand "x"

email sent.

Thank you for providing this group buy. Great deal!

I look forward to trying my first side charger on my next project.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Is this still a go? I can use two RH Brand X Papalote
    Yep was traveling on buis this past week and unavailable to do any sort of ordering. I'll place order this weekend and send the funds to the Brand X people on Monday ish. I'll contact y'all after I place the order. I'd love to coordinate a 20 piece deal but I can't finance that amount of unsold items. Going for the five unit pricing scale.

Current Group Buy Stats:
    Anger: One LH brand "x", One RH brand "x", One Ambi brand "x"
    Mreed911: One RH brand "x"
    hoothrewpoo: Tentative, One undecided
    arvar: One RH
    brand "x"
    papalote: Two RH brand "x"

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Just to be clear, this is the kit described in the product description (includes the following: upper receiver, carrier, charging handle, gas plug, bolt and bolt release), not just the bare upper, right?

The Crosshill appears to include everything, just making sure the other brand does, too!

Last edited:

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Just to be clear, this is the kit described in the product description (includes the following: upper receiver, carrier, charging handle, gas plug, bolt and bolt release), not just the bare upper, right?

Brand "X" purchase price is a complete "kit" that includes/comprises the following items/specs for either right, left, or ambi configs;
    Upper Specs: 7075 billet, no laser t-marks, does not have the feed ramp cuts, anodizing is class 3 type 2.
    Carrier Specs : Carrier is complete, 8620 Steel Nickel Boron Coated Carrier (M16 Full Shroud, Matte Finish). Carrier includes integral side charging handle. Carrier Includes the gas key, cam, cam pin, & other small typical items in complete assembly.
    Bolt Specs: Bolt is complete, 8620 steel with nickel boron coating. 9310 heat hardened, as you cant case harden 9310- shot peened, but not MPI tested. includes the right or left bolt but not both.

Send me an email to angerb at geemail dottie com (correct my anti spam trick first) and I can send you a zip file of the photos I've collected of assembled guns using the brand "X" upper.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom