• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Not to be a smart ass, but good luck. The GSG-5 is no longer being made. What dealers have in stock is it. They pop up on gun trader every now and then. Supposedly Umarex (sp?) has contracted with HK to make the next batch, dont hold your breath though, they screwed up the Colt M4 pretty good....

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Not to be a smart ass, but good luck. The GSG-5 is no longer being made. What dealers have in stock is it. They pop up on gun trader every now and then. Supposedly Umarex (sp?) has contracted with HK to make the next batch, dont hold your breath though, they screwed up the Colt M4 pretty good....

Ya from what I am hearing its the GSG-522 now and has some changes that make is less of a total copy of the Mp5

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    My friend has one... We shoot it just about every time we go out. It is the pistol version. Thing jams a lot. I wouldn't personally buy one as for close up I would prefer to shoot a .22 pistol and for anything longer just go to a more reliable rifle platform. JUST MY OPINION THOUGH. If you haven't already I would shoot the heck out of one before spending the dough..

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    I have shot a few diff ones, and they worked well. Really I want it more bc its a MP5 clone then anything, and yes I do know that makes it a $400+ toy.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    yeah I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into is all. I as you most likely have shot thousands of rounds of 22 in my life and I have just come to the conclusion that unless you get top dollar ammo, keep your weapon very clean, and use high quality 22 platforms you are going to get a lot of jams. Maybe I just have bad luck.. but I have a walther p22 I rarely shoot and would not attempt to sell as it jams all the time.. and the list of other .22's ive shot that jam just go on and on.. My favorite .22 is a bolt action with a 10 round clip :) sucker works every time!

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    yeah I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into is all. I as you most likely have shot thousands of rounds of 22 in my life and I have just come to the conclusion that unless you get top dollar ammo, keep your weapon very clean, and use high quality 22 platforms you are going to get a lot of jams. Maybe I just have bad luck.. but I have a walther p22 I rarely shoot and would not attempt to sell as it jams all the time.. and the list of other .22's ive shot that jam just go on and on.. My favorite .22 is a bolt action with a 10 round clip :) sucker works every time!

O ya it will not be replacing my 10/22, like I said its just something to mess with at the range.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    There's a lot of junk .22 ammo out there. All my .22's (including the GSG) run flawlessly on Federal Automatch or CCI Minimags. The Federal Automatch is obviously the more economical of the two and I think it might be a tad cleaner as well. My GSG does pretty well on CCI Blazer and Federal bulk packs, too. Jams ocasionally with them, but not that much. I don't really find the GSG to be too picky. I certainly don't keep it squeky clean. I usualy just run the bore snake through a couple times and then blow the action out with compressed air. The only complaint I really have about the GSG is the trigger kinda sucks. The gun is alot of fun, tho. Did you pick one up?

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Still hunting one. I may have a trade deal but the guy has not emailed me back in a day or so. I may just wait till the new GSG-522 comes out.

Top Bottom