• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nick!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2017
    DFW
    Hi Gang,

Would anybody be able to suggest value of an average condition GSG 522 in the Nickel finish? These were limited product and I can't really find much out there to compare.

I have a post lawsuit edition, but similar to the photo below.

Thanks

gsg522-62305_02.jpg
    Target Sports

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Pretty cool looking. I have one but it's camo with the bigger fake suppressor. Paid about $300 used with 7 mags and a soft case.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    There were two models, the GSG-5 and the GSG-522. Plus another model from Walther I believe. The Walther gun is licensed by HK. The original GSG-5 had some patent infringements and had to be redesigned as the GSG-522. I'm pretty sure something from the GSG-5 was a direct copy from the original MP-5 and this led to the redesign.

That's all I found out when I was looking for a new stock. I was able to find one for my GSG-522 on Amazon for $35± but still haven't ordered it... It's collapsible 4 position like the original MP-5. I was thinking it so my small daughter's can shoot it easier.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    That's nice, but I don't see it being worth more than $350-400 tops.

I have both a GSG-5 and a GSG-522, I think for the most part they are interchangeable other than a few cosmetic differences due to the lawsuit. More about them here...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/11/joe-grine/gun-review-german-sport-guns-gsg-522-sd/

They are fun range toys but that's about it. They never really elevated in popularity and/or price due to the reliability issues that affected both models.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Yep. Unreliable. I get between 3 and 10 light strikes per magazine. I did actually contact the mfg and received a new hammer spring but haven't put it in yet.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    My -5 gives me more trouble than my -522, but since they're both range toys I don't worry about it too much. Certain ammo also works better than others (and I'm not just talking about CCI, but that stuff does work well in them!)...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom