0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    For those of you interested:

WHAT: Remember the Alamo Ballistic Challenge XII
    GSSF Outdoot Match
    WHEN: December 12/6-12/7
    WHERE: Blackhawk Shooting Range STAPC, RSC

This is one of the longest continual running GSSF matches and the longest running for Texas. Great range and good fun.

Map:

http://www.gssfonline.com/schedule_etc/images/maps_2007/STX(Alamo)-Map-2007.jpg

Registration: 9am - 2 pm both days (you can pre-register via FAX GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation for more info) this saves $10/entry on the fees.

If you register at the match to join the GSSF (you have to join to shoot anyways) you also get a chance in the new member drawing which can win you possibly a new Glock.

Shooting starts almost immediately after registration opens and typically runs until sundown, 5pmish or the last shooter for the day is done.

All you need is a Glock, a case or holster, a magazine (but 4 is recommended), and about 120 rounds.

I'll be there shooting five entries on Saturday with my father-in-law. We are looking for a third to fill-out our ever unimpressive team. We cover the team fee ($10) and all that you do is shoot you standard stock entry and that time is combined with ours for the team score. May win a plaque and a chance to further embaress yourself in the standings

Every gun you register to shoot gets you a chance to win in the random drawings (guns, knifes, glock stuff, cash, memberships). This match is usually well attended and has enough shooters that the first place folks in the various divisons will get guns and that there are a few random gun prizes.

Hope to see some TGT folks there.

malladus
    Guns International

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    THe GSSF matches are designed from the grounf up to be beginner friendly. They are supposed to be the entry level type match to get shooters into more competitive stuff later on.

Everyone from the shooters to the event staff are there to help. Just tell them you are new and they will bend over backwards to make sure you have a good time.

I'll be there on Saturday as well so if you make it there that day I can show you the ropes.

Its a little late right now, but tomorrow morning I give you some pointers on how things work with the general match dynamics and such.

malladus

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    THe GSSF matches are designed from the grounf up to be beginner friendly. They are supposed to be the entry level type match to get shooters into more competitive stuff later on.

Everyone from the shooters to the event staff are there to help. Just tell them you are new and they will bend over backwards to make sure you have a good time.

I'll be there on Saturday as well so if you make it there that day I can show you the ropes.

Its a little late right now, but tomorrow morning I give you some pointers on how things work with the general match dynamics and such.

malladus

Sounds good, look forward to hearing more...

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    VERY beginner friendly, was my first competition after many years, got me to get into more. You do not go from a draw, one magazine per stage, so, no mag changes, no movement. AND they do random drawings for prizes including pistols. Go to gssfonline.com for specifics.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Not exactly tomorrow, but a few more pointers from folks I've met at the matches and at the GSSF forum at Glock Talk Home

1.) Come ready to have fun, 75% of the match for a lot of the folks is meeting up with friends and making new ones.

2.) Sign up as soon as you arrive if you haven't pre-registered. If you are going to register at the match send me a pm and I'll forward you an email you can print and take in that will get you $10 of your entrance fee per a gun you shoot.

3.) Bring about 150 rounds for each gun you are going to shoot. There usually have a side match or stage you can pay a few extra bucks for and warm up. Some matches they have prize drawings and stuff as well.

4.) Once you register, walk the range and stop at each of the stages. There should be a sign up sheet. Even if you aren't ready to shoot, sign up and put down the time and your registration numbers (they will be on the stickers you get at registration). This will get you in line for squading when you are ready. Just go back and check the entry you want to shoot and wait to be squaded. The person running the sign up will have you give them the appropriate sticker (make sure its the right one) and place you form with one of the bays for shooting.

5.) Let the RO know you are a new shooter. They will go over the course of fire with you and sometimes offer you up some helpful pointers. They are all usually very friendly and more then willing to help.

6.) Spend a little time and watch the other shooters run through the stages. Esepcially watch for guys in Team Carver jerseys, they are some of the nicest guys in the GSSF and always willing to answer questions if they can.

7.) Visit the Glock armorer and have them look at your pistol. Its free and they will fix and replace stock stuff for free, this includes magazines.

8.) Take you time when you shoot. Slow is fast in the longrun, faster shooting with more penalties is always worse then slow with less penalties.

9.) Unless you shoot steel alot, save the plates for last. Shoot the Glock M first. The targets are closer and with the three poppers, gives you more chances to get your groove going. Then do 5 to Glock as this is the more taret shootingess one, then plates.

10.) Watch the RO score your targets and double check the sheets before you sign off on them. Mistakes happen, and everyone is human, so no one will be offended if you point out a mistake or ask why something was scored the way it was.

11.) If your not shooting, help paste targets. Its a good chance to get a closer look at the set-up.

12.) Try to avoid shooting on freshly replaced targets. The ones that have seen a few shooters will have the pasties on them and give you a visual cue as where to aim more so then the fresh new ones.

13.) Have fun.

I'll be there saturday. I'll be shooting five guns, so should be there for awhile. Stop by and say hey. Not sure what I'll be wearing exactly, but I should have on a Dark blue Alabama State Trooper Field Blouse and a nasty tan LaRue ball cap.

BrazosCoTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Brazos County, TX
    Already registered...

... as is my wife, who will be a first time shooter. She'll be shooting the G19 in AmCiv, as will I. I will also shoot my G30 in the AmSub.

This will be my 4th GSSF match in San Antonio. GSSF and the host club do a great job. Weather is usually very pleasant, but this time of year , who knows? Be prepared for anything!

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    For the new folks coming to shoot, here is a photo of typical stage late out for the 3 stages. These are from the Pensacola, Fl match last month.

Glock M:

IMG_1238.jpg

Five to Glock:

IMG_1234.jpg

Glock the Plates:

IMG_1217.jpg

The plates are pretty much the same all the time. In Glock M sometimes they have the poppers in a line abreast or staggered. For 5 to Glock its this a V or an inverted V typically.

Hope to meet some TGT folks there on Saturday.

Also we are looking for a 3rd AmCiv shooter to roundout a team if anyone is interested. Not much required other then you name. THey basically add up the three shooters stock times. We aren't fast, but its a chance to maybe win a plaque.

malladus

BrazosCoTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Brazos County, TX
    I'll give it a shot...

Malladus, I'll volunteer to fill out your team if you still need a name. PM me if you're still looking.

My last match was the Conyers GA match in September. Shot Am Civ and Am Sub there, too.

safarigene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Jonesboro
    Can you shoot a glock that is not completely stock in these matches? I have a G22 with a 9mm conversion barrel and I believe an aftermarket trigger connector.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    You can, but you would have to shoot that particular set-up in the unlimited divison. I won't discourage you from coming out and shooting it, but be warned that unlimited is where the masters and amateurs compete equally, its also where you see the race guns with red dot sights and all the trimmings. So unless you are really good with it don't expect to place high.

The barrel and the connector would need to be stock for you to shoot in the stock divison which is the natural home of the G22, or in competition should you want. However, with both those in you are definitely in the unlimited divison.

By stock they just mean the part is offered by Glock, doesn't have to had come on the gun, but it must be able to be bought from Glock or come on one of there factory guns. Thus if its a Glock 3.5 connector then you are good, even if its be tuned. Other common "stock" upgrades are the enhanced mag and slide releases, changing the extractors, and the spring sets.

Depending on what you after market connector is, you could get away with just putting the original barrel in. A stock G22 will do well in the stock divison. On the connector, do you recall if its aftermarket in that its made by someone else, or is it a Glock 3.5 that you had installed or a 3.5, 5.0, or 5.5 stock one that was worked on?

malladus

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Malladus

Great shooting with you and putting a face to the nick. Sure was fun and the weather was perfect!

Have fun and hope we cross paths on the line a few more times!

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Was good meeting you and your friend.

I'm beginning to think though that the San Antonio match has it in for me. My shooting was abysmal. I even managed to get a procedural on Glock M with my 17 by taking out two poppers on my second run. Just got in the grove and popped the second.

Despite that had a great time. The ROs were great, and after shooting 9 guns at the same stage between me and my father-in-law we got to know some of them pretty good.

Met a few new GSSF shooters including one guy who had just got his first pistol, a Glock and was shooting it there in his first match. Hopefully him and some of the others will find their way here.

malladus

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    The prelim scores posted, and despite some rather poor shooting by myself, team Texas Glock Talk placed 3rd of the 4 Amateur Civilian teams, and we were faster then 3 of the 4 police teams that shoot.

malladus

BrazosCoTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Brazos County, TX
    Congrats, Malladus...

... for being our top shooter on Team TGT, and organizing the team. Hope to give you a better run for honors next time

You got me in sub compact, too, buddy! Practice is the only cure for the C and D hits.

Family conflicts not withstanding, I am planning on being at the Dallas match; however, the dates of the match will control that.

Semper Fi

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Hey, you guys PM me your shirt sizes and I'll give you some forum shirts if you wanna be Team TGT.

If it wasn't on the weekends I'd have to show up with a 17L. Later down the road I want to get a 19 for GSSF.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Well here is how the 2009/2010 season is shaping up so far from the GSSF Forum on Glocktalk ( New 2009-2010 Match Schedule - Glock Talk ):

Listed below are confirmed and unconfirmed dates. I will update as matches are confirmed. In order to curb expenses, some matches will be "franchise" matches, supervised by the local club, in accordance with GSSF procedure but without GSSF staff on site. Unconfirmed match dates are based on corresponding 2008-2009 dates and may change. Additions and deletions are also a possibility. Next update will be in January, 2009.

March 7-8, 2009 -

March 14-15, 2009 -

March 21-22, 2009 -

March 28-29, 2009 – Columbus (Ft. Benning), Georgia (?)

April 4-5, 2009 – Thibodaux, Louisiana (?)

and

April 4-5, 2009Morganton, North Carolina. Date confirmed. “Traditional” style match.

April 11-12, 2009 - (Easter)

April 18-19, 2009 - Norco, California. Date confirmed. Unsettled whether “Traditional” or “Franchise” style.

April 25-26, 2009 – Carrollton, Texas (?)

May 2-3, 2009 –

May 9-10, 2009 – (Mothers Day weekend)

May 16-17, 2009 – Waldorf, Maryland (?)

and

May 16-17, 2009 – Tulsa, Oklahoma (?)

May 23-24, 2009 – (Memorial Day weekend)

May 30-31, 2009 – Anderson, South Carolina (?)

June 6-7, 2009Ft. Smith, Arkansas. Date confirmed. “Franchise” match

June 13-14, 2009 – Jackson, New Jersey (?)

June 20-21, 2009 – (Fathers Day weekend) Indianapolis, Indiana (?)

June 27-28, 2009 -

July 4-5, 2009 – (Independence Day weekend)

July 11-12, 2009Missoula, Montana. Date confirmed. “Franchise” style match.

July 18-19, 2009Dawsonville, Georgia. Date confirmed. “Traditional” style match.

July 25-26, 2009St. Paul, Minnesota. Date confirmed. “Traditional” style match.

August 1-2, 2009Marietta, Ohio. Date confirmed. Unsettled whether “Traditional” or “Franchise” style match.

and

August 1-2, 2009 Albany, Oregon. Date confirmed. “Franchise” style match.

August 8-9, 2009 -

August 15-16, 2009 – Greeley, Colorado (?)

and

August 15-16, 2009Topton, Pennsylvania. Date confirmed. “Franchise” style match.

August 22-23, 2009Richmond, California. Date confirmed. Unsettled whether “Traditional” or “Franchise” style match.

August 29-30, 2009 - Bremerton, Washington (?)

September 5-6, 2009 – (Labor Day weekend)

September 12-13, 2009 – Hallsville, Missouri (?) and Brighton, Michigan (?)

September 19-20, 2009 -

September 26-27, 2009Conyers, Georgia. Date confirmed. “Traditional” style match.

October 3-4, 2009 -

October 10-11, 2009Slaton, Texas. Date Confirmed. “Franchised” match. Need to get back to you on answers to your questions.

October 17-18, 2009 – Milwaukee, Wisconsin (?)

October 24-25, 2009 – Lexington, Kentucky (?)

And

October 24-25, 2009Tucson, AZ – Date confirmed. ““Franchised” match.

October 31 – November 1, 2009 – Piru, California (?)

November 7-8, 2009Pensacola, Florida. Date confirmed. Unsettled whether “Traditional” or “Franchise” style match. Probably Traditional.

November 14-15, 2009 – Creedmore, North Carolina (?)

November 21-22, 2009 -

November 28-29, 2009 – (Thanksgiving weekend)

December 5-6, 2009 – San Antonio, Texas (?) and Knoxville, Tennessee (?)

December 12-13, 2009 -

December 19-20, 2009 -

December 26-27, 2009(Christmas weekend)

January 2-3, 2010 (New Year’s weekend)

January 9-10, 2010 -

January 16-17, 2010 -

January 23-24, 2010 – North Las Vegas, Nevada (?)

January 30-31, 2010 -

February 6-7, 2010 – Orlando, Florida (?)

February 13-14, 2010 -

February 20-21, 2010 -

February 27-28, 2010 -

March 6-7, 2010 -

March 13-14, 2010 -

March 20-21, 2010 -

March 27-28, 2010 -

April 3-4, 2010 – (Easter weekend)

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Final Scores Posted

The finals scores and prize awards posted last night for San Antonio. Nothing for me, random was my only hope, although I did win a knife from the Pensacola match that got here last week.

malladus

Top Bottom