Patriot Mobile

Guess I'll start the first AR picture thread!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jim t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    mine isnt anything fancy but I never expected to be able to have one so here it is.
    newgunpictures003.gif
    Venture Surplus ad

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    Guns aren't toys! They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face!

Baboon, I like this saying. Do you mind if I use part of it?:cool:

And use it as you see below?

“Guns are not toys!!! There purposes are for Self-Defense, Protecting Ones Family, Home, Property, Country, and Flag, for which it stands. Guns are also useful when hunting for dangerous and delicious animals.”
    :D

Also here's a few picts of my AR 15 Bushy Build.

picture.php

When I first got it in Jan 08

picture.php

Found this scope cheap at gun range and added quick break down rear pin.

picture.php

Now I've added a flash light and green laser, n a few other things. Don't have a current pict. I installed a 1 point sling ring and sling to it.
    I like the A2 Buttstocks, for now. I may change it out later, and my add a flash hider. But as I see it; "One can not butt-strock someone with a Tele-scoping stock. lol.

dexterescoto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Hey knuckleduster what kind of upper did you use? and what kind of hand guard? That is a nice SBR man. I've been thinking about building one for a while now

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Guns aren't toys! They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face!

Baboon, I like this saying. Do you mind if I use part of it?:cool:

And use it as you see below?

“Guns are not toys!!! There purposes are for Self-Defense, Protecting Ones Family, Home, Property, Country, and Flag, for which it stands. Guns are also useful when hunting for dangerous and delicious animals.”
    :D

I stole it from Homer Simpson. Hope nieter of us catch hell for stealing intellectual property.

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    What sling is that? And how do you like it?

That is a CQD 2 Point Sling and a CQD Rear Sling Mount.

(From their site):
    sling_02.jpg

sling_01.jpg

rear_sling_01_large.jpg

rear_sling_02_large.jpg

A couple of mine:
    Sling2.jpg

Sling1.jpg

Sling3.jpg

A wider shot showing more of the sling:
    Slingshot1.jpg

The QD hooks allow the user to detach 1 hook from the rear mount and set it at a more forward point for a different carry option. The mount also has a loop on the right side of the gun for yet another carry option. The sling itself has shock absorbers near the hooks which really helps if your weapon has a little heft to it and you want to pack it around all day (which I have. I went hiking a couple of different times with it, for about 4-5 hours each time). It works great. VERY comfortable. The sling has 2 adjustment points, as well as strap keepers that help manage the extra strap ends if you are weaing it close and tight. (The included brochure even has directions for securing the rig for running more steathily).

Blackhawk also sells these, but I got mine from the source:
    http://www.cqd.net/71CQS1.php
    http://www.cqd.net/CQDRSM.php

drj3828

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    Here is my RRA LAR-8: Millett DMS-1 scope on A.R.M.S. 22H rings, Phantom Flash Suppressor, YHM fold down front sight,CAA six position stock, I also have a BUIS for the rear sight.
    BlackRifles002.jpg

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    My first build: 6.8SPC
    68MediumSide.jpg

Second build and currently awaiting can: CMMG upper / Shark lower
    sbr_angle.jpg

Nice looking guns! Just curious but, how do you like that Magpul PRS stock? Eventually I'd like to build sort of a DMR/SR25 type AR and I liked the idea of using that stock. Does it hold adjustments pretty decently? Being Magpul, I'm sure they're excellent quality.

Top Bottom