APOD Firearms

Guess I'll start the first AR picture thread!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    Update: Got my Aimpoint and BUIS on my new AR.
    P1010416.JPG
    Target Sports

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    I finally got my AR15 case fitted, set, and fixed up. Thought I would put a pick up of it.
    The ideal was more then just having a fitted case for my AR.
    I wanted it to be an all-in-one ready to for all emergency’s setup.
    Tell me what you think.

Well I jack up putting the picture in. Sorry. I tired to fix it and just made it worst, so I’m going to leave it before I jack it even worst.

Attachments

• Bushmaster Case n.JPG
      Bushmaster Case n.JPG
      16.1 KB · Views: 184
    • Bushmaster Case n.jpg
      Bushmaster Case n.jpg
      39.5 KB · Views: 173

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    Picts of my DPMS AR10 build. Shark MB, MagPul PRS Buttstock, 1 point sling, Ergo Grip, Tactical Charging Handle Release Latch (not shown), 3/4 riser, and a cheap scope I already had, until I am able to buy a good one. I will be adding back up iron sights.

DPMS AR10 308 LR Fe.jpg

Attachments

• 2 Muzzle Brakes p&.JPG
      2 Muzzle Brakes p&.JPG
      22 KB · Views: 173

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    The start of my new AR. Waiting for the rest of my parts to get here (Buttstock Kit, LPK, and BUIS) to finish off my second stripped lower that has been lonely for a year and half now.

img1166up.jpg

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    I love it when people dig up the old threads. Especially picture threads because those are still relevant. Been messing with my camera settings, trying to get the rifle to look right. I've also been using large sheets of white coroplast to use as a background and as flash reflectors.

IMG_8138_1K.JPG

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    Nice I can't get that kind of exposure inside with my kit flash. Even at F2.8 and ISO 1600. Even my recent under exposed photo was 1/15 shutter speed. I need a speed flash.

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    I love it when people dig up the old threads. Especially picture threads because those are still relevant. Been messing with my camera settings, trying to get the rifle to look right. I've also been using large sheets of white coroplast to use as a background and as flash reflectors.

IMG_8138_1K.JPG

Hey what is that under the buttstock, and what is it used for? Just wondering, I've never seen it before.

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    OK, tks. That is just one more good reason to live in Texas.

Yep, great to be living in TX. The different looking grip is called the Hammerhead. I formed a corporation here in TX after I escaped from CA to design and manufacture these. It's definitely different looking but with it a CA shooter can use 30 round mags and drop them with his finger. Otherwise if they want to use a regular pistol grip they're limited to 10 rounds and they install a special magazine lock that requires poking with the tip of a bullet to release the mag. (caution: Don't try to make any logical sense out of those laws.) Anyway this is really taking off in CA and the Northeast AWB states.

For photos the best solution I've found is LIGHT and lots of it. I shoot outdoors in broad daylight, with the coroplast reflectors, with a canon 580EX flash dialed up to +1 or +2 stops, bounced off one of the reflectors. I'm still not 100% happy with the lighting results, but getting closer.

IMG_8089.JPG

For instance in this photo, the daylight was coming from the left, and the flash bounced from the right. A little unbalanced as you can see the background is more grey to the left and more white to the right. More trial and error is needed.

Attachments

• IMG_8089..JPG
      IMG_8089..JPG
      10.1 KB · Views: 215

LonghornAR15

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Austin
    BCM mid-length upper with DD Omega rail, Surefire XM961 w/ tangodown rail, eotech 557, and BCM gunfighter tac latch. Troy BUIS. Viking Tactical VTAC sling. Magpul CTR stock.

Oh god, I previewed this and found that I attached two giant pictures that I didn't intend to. I just did this on another thread, too. If anyone knows how to delete attached images please let me know.:1zhelp:

m4-2..jpg m4-1..jpg

Attachments

• DSC06643..jpg
      DSC06643..jpg
      35.2 KB · Views: 209

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    img1182d.jpg

Finished my new AR today.

Noveske N4 Stainless 16" Upper
    DPMS Lower Reciever and Parts Kit
    Magpul CTR Milspec
    Aimpoint ML3 in an ADM mount
    Troy Iron Sights
    Surefire L4/E2D hybrid in a Vltor Scout mount.

Top Bottom