• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drj3828

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    I have seen alot of guns both pistols and rifles and also ammunition for sale by companies and people on all of the forum boards and sale boards in the last few months. What I was wondering was if people ar paying some of these crazy prices that folks are asking? If so I need to sell some of my stuff and buy me a new truck or some thing!
    I know I am not going to pay some of the prices that things are going for! And my wife thought I was crazy for buying ammo in the past couple of years, I mean in quanity, also reloading supplies also.

Was just wanting to know other folks opinion on this matter also?
    Thanks
    DRJ
    Hurley's Gold

Slotback

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Paying crazy prices? Yes Sir. But then again, that is current market situation. Nothing is staying on shelves for long.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I've seen the prices especially on items/guns that could be banned such as AR series rifles, high capacity magazines, etc. Its terrible, even ammo has been flying off the shelves lately. I wish I could afford to buy some upper & lower receivers for some AR series rifles so that I can build them at a later date, but finances are kind of tight right now. (Trying to pay off all my credit cards from when I was unemployed).

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    You still run into decent prices, most commonly on gun boards and forums. I think I'm a member to a dozen of em' by now. Also TGTrader and Gun auction sites are great places to browse, sometimes people mislabel their firearm and people pass by it without bidding, find it and bid conservatively and you end up usuallaly getting a good firearm at a real low price. I love the internet :)

Another thing to note, if you make good with your 01 FFL he'll more than likely let you browse through his catalogs and cut you good deals on firearms.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    You still run into decent prices, most commonly on gun boards and forums. I think I'm a member to a dozen of em' by now. Also TGTrader and Gun auction sites are great places to browse, sometimes people mislabel their firearm and people pass by it without bidding, find it and bid conservatively and you end up usuallaly getting a good firearm at a real low price. I love the internet :)

Another thing to note, if you make good with your 01 FFL he'll more than likely let you browse through his catalogs and cut you good deals on firearms.

Thanks for the info. My local FFL doesn't mind me browsing through his stuff. He has them out on the counter all the time anyhow. He just hates it when people look through the catalog, find what they want and then tear out the page. GRRRRRR!!!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Prices are gettin' a tad nuts - tried buyin' a Colt Mustang lately?!?? Sheesh - bought me another one in SS just before they started jumpin'. I almost didn't buy it @ $495 - now I'm glad I did!
    Then there's the Beretta 96F Compact in SS I bought last summer. Screamed 'cuz I hadta pay almost $400 for it LNIB. Good luck findin' one now, unless you're wanting to pay 6-700!

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I found a Kimber 1911 .45acp today for $760. Should have bought it, it was on sale at Joe's Sports, regular price was $1080.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    That was a purty good discount - you shoulda jumped on it! Kinda like the Double Eagle I bought a coupla weeks ago - guy wanted $400 for it, an' ah ain't never owned one....

Now ah do.<G>

Took it out to the range today for the first time - she's spot-on the money. Coupla guys wanted to know if it was for sale....nope!

Top Bottom