• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Around San Antonio there has been a chaotic rush on gun stores this week...most are either out or very low on popular pistols and "assault weapons"
    .223 ammo and other popular rounds are getting hard to find this week where I have stopped and looked.

Is it like this anywhere else???
    Hurley's Gold

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    price increase?

How long until wholesalers and manufacturers take advantage and jack upthe prices? I expect they won't wait for BHO totake office. Brisk sales are bound to effect prices...

I saw some internet sellers sell out of mags already and others haved jacked the price up.

FYI- If you live near an Academy, their prices on ammo and guns is still unaffected, and actually prettty good. I talked to the guy in my Academy last night and he stated that they expect a huge price increase after Jan. 1 on ammo and guns, and it could come sooner. Mine still had a little of everything, except semi-auto pistols and AR's. .223. ammo was gone too. looks like the ammo market may be a better investment than the stock market....:(

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    Planning a trip to the gun show in Austin this weekend ... wondering if the same thing will be evident there ... I think it's probably time to trim one or two calibers from my collection and get another hi-cap 9mm ...

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Is SAXET in Autin this weekend? I went to the last one in SA. Didn't see anything priced to sell, that is for sure. Picked up a Russian surplus rifle, but ammo was not cheap.
    I don't work for Academy, but cant believe that they are selling the foreign made ammo so cheap (it is their "Monarch" brand Steel cased, made in Serbia). Feeds through my guns well and good to keep around "just in case". My main purpose at the gun show is to see what folks carry in and try to find a bargain that way.

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    The SAXET gun show here in Austin is the 3rd weekend of every month. I would advise against going to that mad house. I have been there on several occasions and have been disappointed each time I went. I would not buy guns of any kind there and I would not buy reloading components of any kind there either. They have plenty of each, but everyone jacks up their prices such that I would much rather give my money to Mr. McBride or any of the smaller places here in Austin. The BEST place to go and buy guns, ammo, or reloading components is The Sportsman's Warehouse in Round Rock. They also give military (drilling reserve or active duty) a 5% discount which almost covers the taxes.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    From DFW to Shreveport...............there are very few AR's and ammo is down to the more expensive brands. All the cheap stuff is gone and AR's are a couple hundred dollars more than they were 6 months ago.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I heard from another vendor that Bauchman Pawn did $250,000.00 in sales at a recent Houston Gun show. He said that Sunday they had to stop selling just to do paperwork.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Here in Lubbock, Academy and Gander mountain had 2 AR's each @ $1200-$1500 each. Sharpshooters still had about 30 AR's both new and used that priced from $600 on up.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    We have not been able to get assault rifle's from our distributor's.Sale's have been fantastic.We can barely keep up with the crowd's that have been non stop since the election.

midnightrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I'm not in panick mode, so I'm going to wait and see, meanwhile I'll keep my eyes open for a good deal that may come along. I think that we sometimes lose our perspective and just rush around like sheep instead of sheepdogs.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I went to McBrides this past week to help a friend pick out a pistol for his wife... that place was PACKED!!!!! As the man at the counter said "Business is good.... at least for the short term."

jack010203

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Ya things are a lil crazy.. i went to the acadmey the other day to visit a pistol im planning to buy in a few paychecks or so, and they were sold out

Well maybe theyll have some in by the time im ready to buy

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Tonight on Fox4 they had a clip about one of our local gun shops. I think they said that sales are up 400%!! They are not just selling assault rifles, but handguns, shotguns, and plain hunting rifles too. They showed this lady looking at pistols, she was probably around 70. My wife was like "how cool, go girl".....lol.

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    Tonight on Fox4 they had a clip about one of our local gun shops. I think they said that sales are up 400%!! They are not just selling assault rifles, but handguns, shotguns, and plain hunting rifles too. They showed this lady looking at pistols, she was probably around 70. My wife was like "how cool, go girl".....lol.
    Well, Obama did say he wanted to raise the excise tax on firearms by 500%, so the sales are almost matching what the price increase is going to be.

Top Bottom