• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDKRIEK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    WYLIE
    Greg Peters (Peters Custom Holsters) is making a Holster for my HK P2000SK and I was looking for advice on what gun belt to choose. Greg mentioned he switches between a Ted Blocker double thick 1.5" black leather dress belt, and a Wilderness 1.5" instructor belt. Suggestions, comments, what's your gun belt?
    Texas SOT

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I have belt from The Beltman on the way as well as a Milt Sparks. Both 1.5", bullhide just different colors.

I'm holding of on more until I see the one from The Beltman. His prices are decent and it seems no one can find anything bad to say about his work.

One concern is the thickness, especially in the front since most good gun belts are near 1/4" thick to start with.

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    I use a Kirkpatrick Ranger 1.5" for dress and a 1.75 for everday . and they are both 1/4" thick and have worn well for the past 5 months .

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    My gun belts (which I wear every day) are by Lou Alessi. Josh Bulman and Milt Sparks also make good gun belts.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    What size belt should I look for a 32" waist?
    I've heard you want to go a size larger, which in most cases is 34"? /quote]

JD,
    Measurement of correct belt length depends on the maker. Select a belt maker and contact him/her for the measurement method to be used. Most do NOT want to know what length belt you normally wear. A common measurement method is as follows:
    Pick a belt that fits you well wearing the holster and gun if possible. Note which belt hole you use. Remove the belt and measure from that belt hole to the point where belt rolls around the buckle. THAT is the length belt you order. They will make the belt so that this is the length to the middle hole on your belt. BUT NOT ALL MAKERS USE THIS METHOD SO BE SURE TO USE THE METHOD YOUR SELECTED BELT MAKER SPECIFIES!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    I have belt from The Beltman on the way as well as a Milt Sparks. Both 1.5", bullhide just different colors.

I'm holding of on more until I see the one from The Beltman. His prices are decent and it seems no one can find anything bad to say about his work.

One concern is the thickness, especially in the front since most good gun belts are near 1/4" thick to start with.

Another vote for The Beltman belts and Milt Sparks VM2's. Both are great quality and will last you for years.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    My Beltman came in today. I'm really pleased!!

I wear about a 32 pant and 34 belt. I used their method of measuring and came up with 35" which I thought might be a tad too big. It's not at all!! It's actually got me in the middle of the holes (I had mine made with 7 holes spaced 3/4" apart) to I have good flexibility with any pant or either holster I use, and without a holster it fits great also.

I also have a Milt Sparks in a 36 that's a tad bit to big. Based on it, I'd say I need a 34 in theirs.

The Beltman also sent a list of my size belt that they have being discounted to about half off. They are belts ordered and canceled or wholesale deals that left extras. It's only 5 and 1 are oddballs and 2 are 1 1/4" but I need a 1 1/4" so I'm going to buy at least one of them.

He's great to deal with. I emailed after I realized my email had changed since I ordered and he replied over the weekend letting me know he was shipping mine on Monday. It was right at 2 weeks which is what they say.

Top Bottom