• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • centexshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Hays County
    I received this email reply from my state rep's (Jason Isaac) office today.

Thank you for contacting our office regarding your bills of interest. SB 321 the “parking lot bill” has passed both the House and the Senate and is on its way to Governor Perry to be signed into law. It is my understanding that he will sign off and the bill will become law. Representative Isaac is a co-author of the bill and has been a strong supporter of the legislation.

“Campus carry” is still alive. The legislation has been tacked onto SB 1581 as an amendment because the 2 original campus carry bills were not moving fast enough to meet certain deadlines. That bill is on its way to the House where I expect it to pass; from there it is on to the Governor’s office to be signed into law. Representative Isaac was also a co-author of the “campus carry” legislation in the House and the new measure will have his full support.

“Open carry” legislation did not received much traction this session. Due to certain bill passing deadlines “open carry” is pretty much dead. There may be a few more attempts to add it as an amendment to other legislation, like "campus carry", but time is working against the bill. Otherwise, we will have to wait until next legislative session to take up “open carry” legislation again. I will be more than happy to keep you updated on this piece of legislation should it start to gain some late traction.
    Thank you for contacting our office. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
    DK Firearms

CAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Bexar County
    FYI, the governor has 10 days to sign/veto or a bill becomes law without his action.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Top Bottom