• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Are you loyal to one brand? Even when it doesn't make sense?

Then once thought every gun I owned should be a Ruger. Then I had an LC9 and felt they betrayed me!

Now I only have S&W pistols but ive been trying to think if ive just replaced one brand with another and maintained some silly loyalty to a manufacturing company.
    Guns International

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    No.

Will buy what appeals.
    I do tend to like classic designs( Colt single action, S&W pinned&recessed, Remington 870,etc)
    Do buy some off beat brands also(Century, Uberti, etc)

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I don't know if I'd say I'm loyal to a brand, but I will say Auto Ordinance won me over, especially on their WWII reproduction stuff. I owned a M1 carbine and a 1911 of theirs. I had problems with the carbine and returned it to them to work on it. I thought I'd see it maybe in a few months and have problems until I unloaded it on someone else. Instead they sent it back within 2 weeks and it worked great. I eventually traded it but it ran better than almost any M1 carbine I ever owned, except my usual shooter which is actually a National Ordinance. The carbine was a "paratroop" version and since then I have been able to acquire an original paratroop stock and there is no difference between them. Overall I've been surprised by the quality of their stuff ever since whenever I see it. Although I do see the price of their stuff going up.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Not loyal to just one brand. I have several Sigs and several Rugers. But I also have other brands. When one catches my attention I buy it. But I have to admit Sig is my favorite. When I shoot my Beretta, I feel like I'm cheating on my Sig 228.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Old Colts, Winchesters, Rugers, Remingtons, Walthers, Smith & Wessons, Beretta, Auto Ordnance, Mossberg ... hell, anything that shoots straight.

Glocks & Sigs get a nod too.

They are all good to go.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I love Rugers, Remington, Winchester, Beretta, Sigs, Springfield, Colt, Wuerfflein, Gardonne, Fox . . . I think it's a lot about the manufacturer who knows what they're doing. There are some who make guns that are over their heads quality wise. I've got guns made by all of those folks, and they all run flawlessly. Some of their models, I'd never buy. Chebby vs. Ford in my opinion.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Whichever brand my brother happens to be a rep for at the moment and can get me a deal on.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I give in to the opposite feeling. If I have a particularly bad experience with a firearm, I will shy away from that brand. For example, I know they've re-designed and fixed the problem I had, but someone would have to almost give me a Kahr before I'd own another.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Not one brand. There are a few brands I will buy anything I desire from. There are others I will buy nothing from. And then there are many inbetween.

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    I'm an equal opportunity shooter, but I shy away from known crap (cough Taurus) and have favorites (cough M&P with Apex Trigger).

1911-45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    Newton,Kanss
    I love Colts and own a few but these are the only other brands in my safe Glock pistols, a couple Ruger revolvers and bolt guns/pump shotty are Remington, Beretta shotguns and Springfield Armory M1As

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Nope, don't really shy away from brands based on passed problems either. Mostly judge model for model.

Example: first Walther was a PK-380. Comfortable to hold, a breeze to shoot, constant fail to fires due to the safety design. Saw several others with the same problem. Still bought a PPQ an have been very happy with it.

Owned a Taurus PT 917 (92 clone) and would buy another in a heartbeat.

HiPoint pistols...NO, HiPoint Carbine.....YES.

Manufacturer who crawls in bed with the liberal turds....won't see another dime......unless there is a big management change and reversal of scum licking practices.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Somewhat loyal to Mossberg, but it's because I am used to safety position and have had no trouble with them, not because I feel I should stick with them for any other reason.

I like savage but wouldn't feel bad about buying a Remington.

Top Bottom