• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Nazis used ballistol and how'd that turn out for them? Just saying...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

There were a lot of excellent firearms and gear used by the nazis and they still lost the war. Wasn’t the gear’s fault. Ballistol is great stuff! But it does stink...if you aren’t used to it.

BTW, my cross eyed snaggle tooth sister living with Mom said you were a good kisser. Just sayin....

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    I would go with the Slip 2000 EWL as well. I may be a little biased, as the company is from my former hometown where I was born and raised. Still good product...

Lildoodad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2021
    Spring Branch, TX
    Me and BOB.JPG
    Wife's BOBs.JPG

........My BOB......................My Wife's BOB's

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Honestly, do you really need bore cleaner in a BOB? I can understand a bore snake and a rod to clear malfunctions or to get a quick and dirty clean, but if i were on the go Im not gonna be running patches.

Just get whatever container of lubricant you prefer and call it a day

^^^^This^^^^^
    And I’ll add...stick it in a good zip lock bag to mitigate leaks. I double bag the gun oil I keep in my range case.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    There's a lot of talk about 'bug out bags', but rarely do I read anyone recognizing 'how' when the roads/highways are utterly clogged with everyone else trying to 'bug out'.

So, how do you go about 'bugging out'?

Walk?

Mountain bike?

Own a helicopter?

Or, am I overlooking something obvious that everyone recognizes that allows 'bugging out' to be a doable thing, except me...?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    There were a lot of excellent firearms and gear used by the nazis and they still lost the war. Wasn’t the gear’s fault. Ballistol is great stuff! But it does stink...if you aren’t used to it.

BTW, my cross eyed snaggle tooth sister living with Mom said you were a good kisser. Just sayin....

Oh I was just ruffling feathers...

The innovation in weapons by Germany during a time of war is astounding.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Just be grateful that you didn't have Butch's Bore Shine in there. That shit works great but will burn your nasal hair.

Ballistol works well and doesn't smell half bad as others have mentioned.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    There's a lot of talk about 'bug out bags', but rarely do I read anyone recognizing 'how' when the roads/highways are utterly clogged with everyone else trying to 'bug out'.

Walk?

Mountain bike?

Own a helicopter?

Or, am I overlooking something obvious that everyone recognizes that allows 'bugging out' to be a doable thing, except me...?
    I'm going to use my skills of persuasion to borrow a motorcycle.

And I don't call it a bug out bag. It's a get home bag.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

Walk?

Mountain bike?

Own a helicopter?

Another reason I miss AZ. The vast amount of accessible public land. While sprawl changes stuff, I could leave my house hut the desert and get just about anywhere. Living there 5 decades helped but you gotta know where to go.

Living in the huge metropolitan areas here in north texas are just as big a prison as New York City was during the murderous blackouts.

I live less than a mile from a major lake here in little elm and while it's a great water source it's also a decent barrier from some zombie hoards traveling I35 but there are still lots of people around. And in a real shit versus fan collision unknown people are to be avoided like the plague.

Long story short we're phucked in these cities. There is no bugging out unless you're ahead of the game or wait till the inevitable mass of humanity feeds on each other and leaves it safe for you. You are not going to live out your apocalypse fantasy and bug out in that situation. You will be a victim.

Last edited:

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    good plan! i heard you can drive a motorcycle 2500 miles in a night.
    I'm going to use my skills of persuasion to borrow a motorcycle.

And I don't call it a bug out bag. It's a get home bag.

Lildoodad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2021
    Spring Branch, TX

Walk?

Mountain bike?

Own a helicopter?

Logical questions. For alot of us we just use them more as gear bags. Mine contains first aid supplies, a few smithing tools, flashlight, TP...yadda, yadda. I carry a small can of Hornady One Shot cleaner/lubricant just in case. As for true "bugging out" that's for conspiracy theororists, soccer mom's and black friday shoppers....IMHO.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Those fast food french fries under the seat of your vehicle contain plenty of lubrication that don't smell any worse then when you were shoving that crap in your pie hole! And they double as emergency fire starters too. Frito Corn Chips are greasy enough to lube a belt fed machine gun and again emergency fire starter!

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Another reason I miss AZ. The vast amount of accessible public land. While sprawl changes stuff, I could leave my house hut the desert and get just about anywhere. Living there 5 decades helped but you gotta know where to go.

Living in the huge metropolitan areas here in north texas are just as big a prison as New York City was during the murderous blackouts.

I live less than a mile from a major lake here in little elm and while it's a great water source it's also a decent barrier from some zombie hoards traveling I35 but there are still lots of people around. And in a real shit versus fan collision unknown people are to be avoided like the plague.

Long story short we're phucked in these cities. There is no bugging out unless you're ahead of the game or wait till the inevitable mass of humanity feeds on each other and leaves it safe for you. You are not going to live out your apocalypse fantasy and bug out in that situation. You will be a victim.
    BLM land was my friend in CA as well.

Top Bottom