• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Kingwood, Tx
    I have been hunting far and wide for a Gun Cleaning Mat with an exploded view of either a 1911 or an AR-15. I have seen plenty with the exploded Glock view but that gives me nightmares. Has anyone ever seen one? I saw Front Sight was selling one but only out of their Pro-Shop and, after calling, was told that they wouldn't sell it unless you came through there. If I can get about a grand saved up, I'll do it. Until then, hopefully one of the infinitely wise people will have a cheaper solution.
    Hurley's Gold

Zen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Kingwood, Tx
    Brownells

Yeah, I've hunted Brownells pretty thoroughly. Only one's I've seen are generic or brownell's branded ones. If you come across it again over there, shoot me a link if you got the time and don't mind.

Zen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Kingwood, Tx
    Well, since the last time I really went hunting something has popped up.

GunMats.com - Home

Guy named Dan is making 'em with just about any major make/model you'd want and it looks like he's regularly increasing the types. Good to know for anybody else that might be looking. If anyone's paying attention to this, once I receive the AR one I'll let you know what the quality is like.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX

GunMats.com - Home

Guy named Dan is making 'em with just about any major make/model you'd want and it looks like he's regularly increasing the types. Good to know for anybody else that might be looking. If anyone's paying attention to this, once I receive the AR one I'll let you know what the quality is like.

I've bookmarked that site and am indeed interested in your opinions on it when it comes in. Thanks for bringing them up, I have been looking some but admittedly not all that hard.

Green Hornet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    North Texas

GunMats.com - Home

Great idea. Different. I would buy one (parts diagram) for 12.99 without thinking twice about it. Instead of using newspaper.
    I e-mailed them from their contact page [url]http://www.gunmats.com/index.php/contacts/[/URL] for the handgun I have, if it can be made.
    Hope more becomes of these mats for different makes/models.

Green Hornet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    North Texas
    Just got this in my e-mail

At this time I don't have that mat and can't say when I'll have that particular design. In my next run I'm having a S&W Model 29 mat created but as for S&W that is all I'll have for the next few months. I'm constantly adding designs and I'll certainly take your request into consideration. Thanks for contacting my and letting me know about your request.

Thanks,

~Name Removed

Zen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Kingwood, Tx
    Good, glad my apparently pointless question ended up generating some knowledge that you guys can use. Don't know why I got the itch for this thing but have been wanting one for some time.

Sure, the bath towel works, but it's not pretty. Unless it has flowers on it - then you win.

Reacher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I use old t-shirts for my handguns.. i just lay a couple out folded in half so it's basically 4 layers thick. For my rifle, I place them side by side. It's worked for me for years.

Zen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Kingwood, Tx
    In case anybody is still curious - the mat came in about 2 days after ordering it and I'm impressed. Good quality, strong rubber backing but very flexible - good breakdown of all the major assemblies in the rifle and a brief overview of AR history (It's attributed to Wikipedia). Overall, I'm very happy - exactly what I was looking for.

The cutout of the mat left a little fraying around the edges but it's bonded to the backing quite well so a little scissor work took care of it.

Top Bottom