Venture Surplus ad

Gun Control Debate Should Shift to Mental Health and BigPharma, not guns and ammo

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BPNovum

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Going down the mental health path is a very slippery slope. It may seem good on the outside, but at it's core it is rotten...............

The same could be said for anything. It's obviously a problem that needs to be addressed... but like anything else it could be abused.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    "Common Sense" is all about guns, not about criminals, sociopaths, or the mentally ill.

Utopians simply cannot understand that evil people exist in their perfect little world. That is why they focus on tools instead of deranged people.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Mental health does need to be addressed, it's an overall problem of broken homes, drug use, poor parenting, and moral values, horrible public schools teaching the liberal agenda, but we've moved so far left not sure a solution is possible, you've all heard it many times it's not guns it is truly a weak mental health. I grew up in different world where 9-10 olds hunted squirrel rabbits alone, first day of deer season was accepted absence from school, rifles in the back glass of pickup at school, and yet no one was hurt or spoke of hurting anyone.

Can't go back so what is the answer take rights from all for the crazy few,looks like me may go in that direction as radical liberals gain more control of government.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Now the liberals are saying all NRA members are extremists. Others have stated that we are gun nuts implying a real mental disorder.

What qualifies you as mentally not able to own a gun? How folks make it on the list then more important how they regain their rights if the illness is addressed.

How about a slip of the tong? "I can't live like this much longer?" "He deserves to be planted 6 feet under" or an article like this one disqualifying a person from owning a gun?

If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight? | The D.C. Clothesline

I'd rather see us error on the side where there is an occasional murder or mass shooting (where the numbers are at now) than where the rights of an individual are taken away.

Top Bottom