• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Thanks, I saw that one. lol for sure. The one I saw on TGT was under $2000. A little closer to my budget. I can be patient sometimes. Unfortunately I am running out of time and patience is beginning to seem just wrong. GB can have some good deals, but in my experience mostly over priced.

Huckelberry,

FIRST, WELCOME ABOARD. - You have found what I regard as the internet's BEST TEXAS gun site.

Reference "Gunbroker"; There ARE a LOT of bargains on that site from time to time.
    (My "little brother of the heart", who is 70# tall & about 240# pounds, btw, has found a GREAT MANY really great guns on that site & that were UNDERPRICED, imo. = For example, he recently found a 3.5" S&W Model 27 & in a suitable "duty holster" by EPS, that was at least 99% of what it looked like when it was NIB in the mid-1950s for 600.oo, including S&H.)

Shopping on "GB" carefully, knowing what you are bidding upon & BEING PATIENT is the thing, imo.
    (I'm currently looking on "GB" & other sites for a Remington Model 7600P police carbine in 7.62x51mm NATO, that is for sale at a reasonable price.)

I'm still sad that I missed a "probably unfired" 7600P during the Fall of 2019 & in "excellent-as new condition, with the factory hard-case" for 455.oo plus S&H, because I was "sitting with" my lady in the hospital that week.
    (TIMING is EVERYTHING.)

yours, satx
    Target Sports

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

I've bought exactly ONE firearm off Texas Gun Trader from a Ft Worth PD officer in a face to face deal.
    NICE guy, NICE pistol & NICE price.
    What's NOT to like?

Otoh, IF you buy from a distance from someone that you don't know & cannot inspect the item, I think that you are naive, "an easy mark" for being "ripped off" & possibly a DUNCE, 1st class.

yours satx

Last edited:

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    avvidclif,

FYI, that reminds me of an old/DUMB joke from my tour at "Camp Swampy, LA". = Supposedly if a YL got 2nd place in the MISS HOLIDAY IN DIXIE beauty pageant, she received an "all expenses paid 2-week vacation in Leesville, Louisiana".
    Otoh, IF she WON the pageant, she never had to even visit that town.

yours, satx

If I remember correctly, when I was in boot camp and A.I.T at Fort Polk, keep in mind this was in 1967, that Leesville was called diseaseville. We were told that if we ever went there, the first thing you had to do was see the doc for your shot.

Since we're all adults, well most of us, you can guess what kind of shot you got.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    nice question

since it’s asking about other countries, the one I’m originally from passed a sweeping gun control law (basically an all out confiscation) and the violent crime rate increased over the following years.

we left that country for the USA around year 1 but kept in touch with family n friends.

Safety Third, yall.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I remember peacefully sleeping in my bunk when a hellacious racket broke out, cussing enough to make a jarhead blush. Someone turned the lights on and this guy is standing in the middle of his bunk two handed scathing his crotch furiously. We were in NCO quarters so there was only 4 of us. When we finally quit laughing long enough to threaten him with bodily harm if he didn't shut so we could sleep he left in his skivvies headed for sick bay and some Qwell cream. Gotta love Korea.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    If I remember correctly, when I was in boot camp and A.I.T at Fort Polk, keep in mind this was in 1967, that Leesville was called diseaseville. We were told that if we ever went there, the first thing you had to do was see the doc for your shot.

Since we're all adults, well most of us, you can guess what kind of shot you got.

popsgarland,

YEP. good 'ole "Diseaseville". = Leesville reminded me of some lines from a play that I once saw in college:

"My sister sells out of her drawers,
    my brother is a constant doper, if you please
    my daddy is just a drunk, a laying about in bars.
    my mommy is a Commie.
    &
    I'm a social disease."
    (That part of the play could have easily been said about a lot of families in Diseaseville.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I remember peacefully sleeping in my bunk when a hellacious racket broke out, cussing enough to make a jarhead blush. Someone turned the lights on and this guy is standing in the middle of his bunk two handed scathing his crotch furiously. We were in NCO quarters so there was only 4 of us. When we finally quit laughing long enough to threaten him with bodily harm if he didn't shut so we could sleep he left in his skivvies headed for sick bay and some Qwell cream. Gotta love Korea.

avvidclif55,

Did you get a KPCOD Letter at tour's end??

yours, satx

Top Bottom