• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Lubbock, TX
    Would this be a good gun? (This is also going to my my first ever gun pruchase)
    M&P 2.0 compact 9mm
    It might make a good first self-defense gun, but the first gun should probably be a 22; unless you had a chance to shoot a lot in the past. Buy the full size M&P magazine and an X-grip adapter for it. That way you can get all your fingers on the grip, which will help control recoil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope that you learn the applicable laws and the serious ramifications of shooting another person. Read many of the posts on here which tell of troubles others have experienced. A good .22 rifle may be a best choice for you, for "car carry". Look for one with a short overall length. Try to avoid confrontations; as in traffic, etc. Good Luck !

Bowyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2017
    I think stashing a gun in the car is a bad idea because it is the easiest place for a bad guy to break into. But if you are hell bent on doing it,
    1. Buy a safe that bolts in.
    2. Never tell your friends that you have a gun in the car.
    3. Never tell your friends that you have a gun in the car.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

DallasCMT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    What do you guys recommend for a car gun safe? Something that will hold an LC9s.

Also, where do you bolt these? Seems like the floorboard or side of the driveshaft hump would be good.

Ideally, out of sight but easy to get to.

Last edited:

Bowyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2017
    The rare times I have to leave my gun in the car, I use something like this. I like it because it is hidden completely out of sight.
    It isn't easily accessed while driving but you don't need to keep a gun in the safe if you are in the car.
    ee38419d602d572264115a54df8296ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LSJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2014
    At 18 if you get caught carrying a pistol you will go to jail. Doesn't matter in the car or on your person. You have to be 21 to carry a handgun in Texas. You may carry a rifle or shotgun at 18. I strongly suggest you do not violate the law.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    At 18 if you get caught carrying a pistol you will go to jail. Doesn't matter in the car or on your person. You have to be 21 to carry a handgun in Texas. You may carry a rifle or shotgun at 18. I strongly suggest you do not violate the law.
    Actually you can have a handgun in your car and legally posses it at 18. You cannot carry on your person at 18 since you cannot have a CHL until your 21. Unless your in the Military.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Fake news.

Top Bottom