Capitol Armory ad

Gun laws in Bexar county and Wilson county in a subdivision.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Don’t you think different guns have different effects, eh?? I bet your in law is more better off too because all I hear in here from you is very argumentive replies of prove it, prove it!! I’m not here for that! I wanted constructive help not a person whose going to argue. I can just tell by your replies the type of person you are! Argumentive, narcistic that you know more than anyone! So just please be nice and if you can’t just buzz off.
    Welcome to TGT!
    Military Camp

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Don’t you think different guns have different effects, eh??

Nope. You’ve been here all of 12 hours and you want a pro-2A group of folks to arm you with laws to go on a fishing expedition for something that may or may not have happened.

Gotta give it to you, bringing in two different jurisdictions and a civil matter is a brilliant way to sucker folks into telling you to call the Game Warden since those LEOs have the broadest jurisdiction to fûck with somebody over a complaint such as yours.

I’m kind of flabbergasted this community is willing to support your quest, but I guess it shows that most folks are as shall not be infringed as they say they are.

You want legal advice, call a lawyer, not the internet, troll.

PMRoses

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2022
    Adkins Tx
    Nope. You’ve been here all of 12 hours and you want a pro-2A group of folks to arm you with laws to go on a fishing expedition for something that may or may not have happened.

Gotta give it to you, bringing in two different jurisdictions and a civil matter is a brilliant way to sucker folks into telling you to call the Game Warden since those LEOs have the broadest jurisdiction to fûck with somebody over a complaint such as yours.

I’m kind of flabbergasted this community is willing to support your quest, but I guess it shows that most folks are as shall not be infringed as they say they are.

You want legal advice, call a lawyer, not the internet, troll.
    Look on the map. Wilson county is at the stop sign on my street Which is literally 2 houses alway. Then it turns into Bexar county. Idk what the hell you are talking about! Deed restrictions are deed restrictions and I’m sure they go by the county laws that were put in place. That’s why they had to put it in the deed!
    And your flabbergasted that people actually want to help and not show the moronic replies like you have!!! You apparently have a chip on your shoulder that looks more like bullying. You are just mad cause I handed you your lunch.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    And therein lies the problem. It sounds like the OP’s version of event’s. Hearsay.

We have a long-time member and site sponsor hear that built a fully enclosed range on his 10+ acre property here in Bexar County that is not within line of sight of any other dwelling on or off his property. Neighbor called BCSO twice. First time BCSO said “sorry to have bothered you” second time BCSO tried to create a criminal act when none had occurred. He’s written about the escapades here on a couple of occasions.

Now this member has been advised that all the neighbor really has to do is break a window and claim it was from his shooting and it’ll turn this guy’s life upside down on a witch hunt.
    Not arguing with you. The respect for you is high. You missed where I said record it. Op has to prove it. With that my advice stands.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …Deed restrictions are...

Civil matters. When my tooth hurts, I go to the dentist. When I’m sick, I go to the doctor. When I have a legal problem I go to a lawyer.

You have a problem with a neighbor and your grounds are a violation of a civil matter. You can stay here arguing on the internet and not accomplish anything or you can find a civil law attorney and have them deal with this for you.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Look on the map. Wilson county is at the stop sign on my street Which is literally 2 houses alway. Then it turns into Bexar county. Idk what the hell you are talking about! Deed restrictions are deed restrictions and I’m sure they go by the county laws that were put in place. That’s why they had to put it in the deed!
    And your flabbergasted that people actually want to help and not show the moronic replies like you have!!! You apparently have a chip on your shoulder that looks more like bullying. You are just mad cause I handed you your lunch.
    He’s anything but a moron. You keep focusing on what the deed restrictions say and if that’s the only tool you feel like using then his advice is the only path.

My points were to point out how you can get state penal code violations recorded.

Whatever you do you need to document and record.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!

Honestly, do you think we don't know each other on here? Many of us know each other, and trust each other. You really expect us to take the word of someone who has been a member here for less than 24 hours over a person we've known for years?!?

I am sure I am not the only one skeptical of your story. There have been far too many similar accounts where a woman claimed she found rounds shot at her house from a nearby gun range, and they looked something like this (not the actual picture)...

1647819726335.png

See anything wrong here?

Also, many of us know never to take one side of a story as the absolute truth. There's a lot more to this than you either know or are sharing, and either way it doesn't matter as this is a matter for law enforcement agencies, not a gun forum.

The bottom line is pretty clear, if you suspect criminal activity than you need to call the appropriate law enforcement agencies. Unfortunately for you, there will have to be clear evidence of a crime for them to take action. Most likely they will take a report for future reference, but don't expect them to take action until they have subsequent proof a crime has occurred. Remember our legal system is based on a presumption of innocence, which means a person is treated as innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

The court of public opinion doesn't matter.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    You need a lawyer to enforce deed restrictions. You need law enforcement if you have someone shooting at you or across your property. You must first identify where those shots came from. Not everyone when they move in get copies of the deed restrictions from the realtor. I have provided many copies to new neighbors.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I use to watch Lone Star Law and in one episode a lady called the Game Wardens about someone shooting at her house. When the Game warden arrived, she met him outside and one of the first things he asked her was if she had any proof that any bullets crossed her property. She then showed him the bullet hole in her window and back door. Long story short. They found who fired the shots and she was told that if any bullets had NOT hit her house, there was nothing they could do.

so the key word here is EVIDENCE. AKA PROOF.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You need a lawyer to enforce deed restrictions. You need law enforcement if you have someone shooting at you or across your property. You must first identify where those shots came from. Not everyone when they move in get copies of the deed restrictions from the realtor. I have provided many copies to new neighbors.

There is more here than deed restrictions.

There are a lot of criminal laws at play also, and if you are shooting on 1-7 acres, there a good chance they are being violated and easy to observe/enforce

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    We should all be calling the cops on oursleves, so let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

d0be38955d8bfa91c69841d59030e8d3.jpg

The average professional in this country wakes up in the morning, goes to work, comes home, eats dinner, and then goes to sleep, unaware that he or she has likely committed several federal crimes that day.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I live in a rural area...
    Welcome to TGT.

I think you've gotten some good advice. You seem to be doing the right thing in contacting the applicable authorities.

For now, though, this thread has served its purpose. I have some misgivings about the utility of it continuing so I'm going to abuse my power as a mod and lock it.

Those who have been around a while will understand. Those who don't understand are encouraged to remain an active part of this community until the reasons become clear. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom