• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShootWhenICan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Houston
    American ingenuity at its finest.

Gun Manufacturers Change Look of AR-15, Rifle Is Now Legal Again In New York State

By Charles C. W. Cooke

February 10, 2014 11:50 AM

550x331xScreen-Shot-2014-02-09-at-8.12.39-AM-630x380-550x331.png.pagespeed.ic.EnA7XwG4yr.png

Pass a stupid law, get a stupid result. This, Clash Daily reports, is a remodeled AR-15, and it is legal in New York despite the state’s “assault weapons” ban:

Via NRO:
    When the opponents of “assault weapon” bans argue that it is preposterous for the state to ban firearms based on the way they look, they really mean it. It is. The rifle in the photograph above is no more or less powerful than the one that has been banned; it just looks different. And, because the SAFE Act was, typically, interested only in cosmetic questions, a simple change to its aesthetic rendered the rifle legal once more. As Clash Daily’s Jonathan S. explains:
    Prototypes for the newly designed AR-15 are hitting gun shops across New York, as gun shops and machinists have designed a rifle that complies with the anti-gun law. At least one gun shop has received a letter from state police saying that the new AR-15 style rifles should be legal in the state as long as they don’t have some of the features that the law prohibits.

The new gun law bans all kinds of semi-automatic rifles that have been labeled with the “assault” term even though these are very common rifles and are no more powerful than the average hunting rifle.

Features like adjustable stocks, pistols grips, and flash suppressors has been deemed to be unlawful on these rifles, mainly because it makes them LOOK mean. And we all know how little these anti-gun lawmakers really know about guns, as the “Ghost gun” video illustrated.
    The new AR-15 design did away with the pistol grip which gives the gun an odd paintball gun look. The stock is fixed as well, but at least New Yorkers now have a legal way to own an AR-15, a fact which is still driving some gun control activists mad.
    Reading this story, one would almost conclude that legislation that deals only with the superficial and the irrelevant is inherently silly. Curious.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728)​
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    I think they should have inverted the whole thing, so it looked like a LAW. with trigger on top next to the sight, and held the same fashion.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

That's not as much as I had figured it would be. I was sure they would be charging a stupid tax (stupid for living in a state with those laws) but this price is much more reasonable than I would have guessed.

Too bad the website didn't have a big sign that said "Not for sale to criminals or bad guys" since the NY and other anti crowds are under the impression that stupid signs really work.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'd rather just have an SKS.

I'm sure they will have a new law worked up to take care if this problem.

Top Bottom