• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Just wanted to know what you guys out there use with your pistols...

Do you use oil or grease?
    What brand?

I was told that one of the best Gun oils is Birchwood Casey Synthetic Gun Oil.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I use Weapon Shield CLP on every firearm I have. I've used it all over the world in all types of conditions on my M4, M24, M82, M2 and it's never failed me.

hangtree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    South Texas
    How are those working out for you?

I used the Enos slide glide on my Ruger LCP to help with break in. Only put it on the slide and the top of the barrel then worked it back and forth 500 times before taking it to the range. I used the Slip 2000 in the other areas and I had no problems with 100 rounds thru it at the range and saw no visible markings in the slide area.

I used the only the Slip 2000 on my Sig P239 which is already broke in. I used it on the slide and on all the other normal areas. Everything went great and the pistol was very easy to clean.

I think that both products are going to be good for me, but with only one outing, it's still to early to tell. I do think that if the Slip 2000 performs as well everytime as the first time out that I will be happy with it.

I have since put Slip 2000 on all my pistols and revolvers and will see how it goes.

Seems most already know about Enos, but I don't recall reading about anyone using the Slip 2000. Just saw it on the net, called them and asked about it then decided to give it a try.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Mhhh I see every body has there own personal touch and very little people use the same.
    Right now I am bough in with BrakeFree CLP. Looking to switch over to just a general gun oil... Going to do some research on some of the ones that caught my eye around here.

Lumberjack98

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Katy
    I've been using CLP and Gunbutter for a while and have been very happy with both.

I have noticed that with using CLP, it is MUCH easier to clean after shooting.

After reading about it on The High Road, I just purchased some Berryhill Ultimate Gun Lube.

Ultimate Gun Lube - $4.99 : Berryhill Custom LLC, Quality Gun Parts

It is only $4.99, so I figured that I have nothing to lose. I also bought some for stocking stuffers for Christmas.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Brian Enos, Slide Glide Lite on my Semi-auto's slides and Weapon Shield everywhere else. If it slides, I grease it, if it just moves or swivels, I oil it. I also keep a oily rag (oiled with Weapon Shield) around to wipe my guns down after I clean or fondle them.

TdDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Houston
    Break Free CLP & I have a small tub of Miltec grease that is getting on in years.

I think the secret is to use something that is non-penetrating. NO WD-40. Penetrating oil can get into the powder making your ammo misfire.

It's probably also better to use something designed for firearms, especially if you shoot so much that the action in your weapon gets very hot. Normal oil might burn or fly off and then your gun is dry.

jack7742

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Schertz
    I use Breakfree CLP (spray can), Weapon Shield, and MilTech 1 depending on my mood. When I feel lazy and don't want to field strip the weapons, I spray everything down with Breakfree, have a scotch and soda, and then take out the compressor and blow out the Breakfree followed by a good wipedown. The use of the MilTec grease on the rails is the final step.

Top Bottom