• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'll be interested to hear more about the story. I'm guessing the shooter didn't call 911 to report the shooting.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Shootee sure is milking it. Shootor needs to keep his f•cking mouth shut.

DMN:

A man was wounded Wednesday evening at a shooting at a Lake Highlands DART station, officials with the transportation agency said.

The shooting occurred about 6:30 p.m. while the northbound Orange Line train was stopped at the LBJ/Central Station on TI Boulevard, DART spokesman Morgan Lyons said.

Initial reports indicate that two men got into an argument and one shot the other either after the victim had stepped on the train or right before, Lyons said.

No one else was injured, and the suspected shooter was taken into custody, he said.

The victim was taken to a local hospital. His condition was not immediately available.

The train was evacuated shortly after, and crime tape was on the doors.

Trains were bypassing the station Wednesday night as police conducted the investigation.

The Red and Orange lines are running on a single track through the area, and all passengers were asked to board on the southbound platform between Spring Valley and Forest Lane stations.

A shuttle is available between the Spring Valley and Walnut Hill stations.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Yeah, it’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. If the ‘victim’ had no weapons, I’d guess the cops made the arrest decision based on a disparity of force issue. As we’re frequently warned, a self-defense shooter is likely to be arrested, regardless. I’m sure the hospital folks will do a blood test to see what (if any) drugs “the victim” was hopped up on. Agreed, the shooter should have kept his mouth shut - that’s the single biggest thing about human nature that a lot of people won’t be able to keep under control. Deescalating the argument: fail!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    It appears the shooter had several eyewitness
    Hopefully his story checks out and it is cleared up.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    If the threat was that serious, maybe he should have made the shot count? Now he's open to civil suit.

Ok, I'm done armchair quarterbacking.

Seriously though - making a shot on a subway, he's lucky only one person is injured. That coulda got much worse very quick.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    OCT is saying the early reports of their being an argument were false. The shootee simply attacked the shooter and got shot.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    It appears the shooter had several eyewitness
    Hopefully his story checks out and it is cleared up.
    Yeah, for the shooter’s sake, I hope the Indian guy sticks around. He seem to think it was clearly a ‘self defense’ action - he voices that opinion at the 0:20 mark of the video.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Now he's open to civil suit.
    Is this true in Texas? I thought if the shoot was found legally justified (from a criminal perspective), then that provided immunity from civil prosecution. Is this not true? (Or maybe I’ve got an overly simplified view of the issue?)

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Yesterday’s news article said the shooter was originally arrested / charged with assault with a deadly weapon (when he was taken into custody). Today’s news says the DART police have released him [the shooter] and the case will be referred to a grand jury. I have yet to see any mention of the ‘stand your ground’ law being invoked or otherwise referred to.

Today’s news article did say the victim had de-boarded the train at the LBJ stop and then turned around and was attempting to reboard when the shooter tried to prevent him from getting back on the train. Most (but not all) DART train cars have surveillance cameras on them.

Last edited:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Comment under the DMN article:

I love how the DMN makes it seem like some guy just shot another guy over a verbal argument. This crazy homeless drug addict was savagely beating this man on the train and was jumping on other people too. The shooter tried to get away from him several times inside a crowded moving train. When the train stopped the guy kept attacking the shooter, pinned him on the ground at one point, tried to stomp him, etc. The guy shot in self defense and was released this morning without charge.

Thankfully a person with a license to carry was there to defend himself against this crazy drugged up homeless guy grabbing woman's breasts on the train and spitting on people and then who attacked and savagely beat the shooter before he was forced to defend himself. He was not changed with any crime he was released after questioning this morning.

She may be mistaken on the released without charge part, since the article has been updated with "released, case to be referred to a grand jury."

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Is this true in Texas? Supposed to be, usually doesn't go that way. Guy will need a lawyer (G.J.) to prove he was justified. If a civil suit filed, another lawyer to get the case tossed. Ain't cheap. He'll probably get hit for excessive use of deadly force. Guy shot is skinny twerp. I rode the DART train to visit buddy in VA, don't plan on it again. His GF drove there as she was afraid of riding the FW train at nite. Certain people trying to get you into a fight. Then uptown you have the MS13 and Viet gang guys doing the same thing. People won't even talk to each other, just heads down in the cell phone.
    Rode the subs in NYC in the 60s, no problem.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom