Join TexasGunTalk

Gun Owners of America Action Notice

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by avvidclif, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Army 1911

Army 1911 Well-Known

Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    All the links take to is donation request pages.

The title NYSRP v NY city tells me nothing about the suit.

I might contribute if there was a way to do so anonymously but not without more info and specifics about the suit.

2. roadrunner

roadrunner Well-Known

Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    In the email there is this sentence:
    "You can view our Supreme Court brief here."
    Click where it says "here" and it will take you to the page that explains the suit.

3. lightflyer1

lightflyer1 Active Member

May 2, 2015
    Got another one today from Erich Pratt, Gun Owners of America. I shouldn't have to set up separate emails and phone numbers and such when I join an organization like this. Hounding your members isn't a good thing. I thought I would get more benefit than a barrage of emails, texts, and mail asking for money. To each his own I guess. I will just block them for email and phone and send their mail to the recycle bin.

4. Bozz10mm

Bozz10mm TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I get that from Sportsman's Guide, Primary Arms, Palmetto State Armory, Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore, and Target Sports USA. At least I can opt out if I want.

5. lightflyer1

May 2, 2015
    I opted out from one guy and then have received 3 more from another guy now. I guess I just have to opt out from everything from them or hit the spam switch. Yes I get stuff from many other companies as well. But they don't seem to spam me as much as GOA is currently.

6. dogbone

dogbone Member

Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    Doing something to protect our firearms rights takes, time, effort, and, yes, money. Legal costs for court battles, travel expenses for lobbyists, even renting a hall for a meeting with local activists all takes money. Is the constant clamoring for donations annoying? At times it can be but if I have a dollar or two to spare, I'll send it. I'd rather have an inbox full of pleas for money to defend my rights than one filled with moaning that our guns are gone and someone should have done something.

roadrunner likes this.
  7. CyberWolf

CyberWolf Member

Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Kinda agree, but personally would rather have one filled with messages along the lines of:

------------
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Don't forget to show up at the Capitol building on Monday morning, and bring snacks! 9-9:30am is when the charges are read (treason, sedition, violation of oaths, etc.), and the Hangin's start promptly at 10am! Respectful cell-phone recording is allowed and encouraged!

Don't miss it, but if you just can't make it, tune in to channel 7 and watch it live from home or work!

------------

8. lightflyer1

May 2, 2015
    They get my membership fee and I started a monthly donation payment. How much am I expected to give? At some point people stop and leave because they won't stop. They have to understand an individual can only give so much before they stop giving. Kind of like taxes and the government. They should understand when I ask them to stop. A good organization would do this. At this point they are wasting money by trying to solicit funds from me when they could be using it to find $ somewhere else instead. If they aren't going to use it wisely then I won't give and will find another org to give to. Kind of like Google constantly fetching up ads for me for things I just bought online. Pretty useless. They should target things I want but haven't bought yet.