• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Came across this, thought I would share Gun owners: 'We are your neighbors, co-workers, friends' - U.S. News

One of the comments posted about the article:

"Would be so great if every, and I mean every gun owner, gathered their little peaceful butts together and moved to land far, far away, never to return, to practice their cute hobby of inadequacy, and left the rest of humanity alone."

I know it wasn't technically about gun rights but didn't we already do that? I think so but can't remember for sure, I think I heard about people leaving their homeland to start a new country where they could truly be free and they wrote some rules or rights or something so they wouldn't have to worry about oppression as they made sure to include their right to bare arms so they could protect their rights? Might be telling it wrong but I swear it happened
    Gun Zone Deals

tx_transplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Greenville, TX
    I have heard about a story like that. Interesting story it was. However, the sad part is that many of those people were unable to deal with having so much freedom. They kept going to their leaders to keep them safe, and before they even knew it, gave up all of that freedom that others had secured on their behalf.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I wish all the gun haters would move to a country that had a government that agreed with them. There are plenty out there. Why should we leave? Our forefathers already did that.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Scary part is, I'm beginning to think "they" outnumber "us". Sure, we have the guns, but I'm beginning to believe that have the numbers.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    As ive posted in another thread, I don't believe we are outnumbered but simply a silent majority. We talk to each other about preserving our rights while they talk to anyone who will or won't listen about destroying them.

We (gun owners as a whole) have to start making some noise. And the best part is, we have actual facts on our side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Voted in the live pole, gun owners are winning at 68%

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Scary part is, I'm beginning to think "they" outnumber "us". Sure, we have the guns, but I'm beginning to believe that have the numbers.

Depends what part of the country...

As ive posted in another thread, I don't believe we are outnumbered but simply a silent majority. We talk to each other about preserving our rights while they talk to anyone who will or won't listen about destroying them.

We (gun owners as a whole) have to start making some noise. And the best part is, we have actual facts on our side.

First, we need to not hide the fact that we're gun owners. Be open about it. To put it another way, let's take a lesson from a movement that's had some real success and NOT be in the closet about our gun ownership.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I find ways to bring up my gun collection, had to pick up a guy in Odessa today and manger to sneak it into the conversation.

He said he didn't need a gun and I asked why not, his answer "because I don't need to kill anybody". I took the opportunity to educate him about target shooting and how much fun it can be. Then began discussing the possibilities of needing to defend his life or his children's and asked if at that point would he feel the need. Also offered to let him come out and shoot. He's not running to the gun store but he did consider the points I brought up and has something in his brain to combat the media hype.

I also where my TGT hat everywhere now, which is actually the first time I have worn a cap that wasn't part of a uniform.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I say we use the welfare money that all these antis are getting to pay for their boat tickets to the UK and Aus and let them live in countries that they want us to emulate.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Down in the city, Lidke explained: "...... We have antique guns handed down from my husband's great-grandfather, all hand-carved from sitting around a fire at a hunting camp."
    Wood guns?

I (think) know what she meant, still ... I thought that was funny

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I say we use the welfare money that all these antis are getting to pay for their boat tickets to the UK and Aus and let them live in countries that they want us to emulate.
    No need, they can drive to California. I know some of you guys are joking about the American revolution and our fore fathers coming to America to escape oppression, but it's going on today. I left California for many reasons but gun rights was in my top 3. How many guys on the forum have left states like Illinois, California, assachutches, nj, ny? Then there's the tons of other people who have done it and don't log onto gun forums. Sure it's fun to joke about but there's a lot of guys and gals in anti gun states that can tell you exactly what it's like when we allow anti gun discrimination and paranoia into our lives. It's just as having racism in politics and it can and does cost many good people their lives.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    One of the comments posted about the article:

"Would be so great if every, and I mean every gun owner, gathered their little peaceful butts together and moved to land far, far away, never to return, to practice their cute hobby of inadequacy, and left the rest of humanity alone."

I know it wasn't technically about gun rights but didn't we already do that? I think so but can't remember for sure, I think I heard about people leaving their homeland to start a new country where they could truly be free and they wrote some rules or rights or something so they wouldn't have to worry about oppression as they made sure to include their right to bare arms so they could protect their rights? Might be telling it wrong but I swear it happened
    Agreed, someone should tell the sob, we did.
    And the dang sore heads ended up following us to screw up a good thing...

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Why are we the ones that need to leave? Seems the folks without the guns have the option to leave as well if they don't like the crowd in the room. What an elitist attitude.

My definition of a liberal is someone who comes in the room, changes something that they have no business changing, without asking the occupants permission, then leave the room to do something elsewhere so they don't feel the consequences of the change made. This while patting themselves on the back for the good they've done to help the occupants.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I wish all the gun haters would move to a country that had a government that agreed with them. There are plenty out there. Why should we leave? Our forefathers already did that.

I've been saying that (and telling them that on countless news commenting sessions) for a very, very long time. Even before I owned a gun.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Why are we the ones that need to leave? Seems the folks without the guns have the option to leave as well if they don't like the crowd in the room. What an elitist attitude.

My definition of a liberal is someone who comes in the room, changes something that they have no business changing, without asking the occupants permission, then leave the room to do something elsewhere so they don't feel the consequences of the change made. This while patting themselves on the back for the good they've done to help the occupants.

I officially learned what the term "liberal" meant in 2004. When Kerry/Bush election was going on. And all of a sudden the torrential wave of liberalism stormed across America. It became ok to hate America, IN America, just because there was a war going on and people were being killed. They swore up and down we could just pull out of Iraq and it would be no problem, but that GWB the evil war monger was to blame for keeping us there. People like Rosie the Pig O Donnell, or Micheal Fat Bastard Moore running all over America, spreading their rhetoric, and disgracing our nation in the process. I didn't quite have a name for those VERY ANNOYING people at the time, but thanks to Bill O' Reilly, I learned a new word. LIberal. To define a liberal can be done in 2 words:

1. Crybaby
    2. Hypocrite

The thing that did it for me, what made me say, "ok, these people are pissing me the F off", is in the Christmas of 2004. I'll never forget it. It was "Happy Holidays" that year. Because some whining liberal got offended at the word Christ in CHRIST-MAS! And the major retailers (all but either Sears or Wal Mart), catered to it! I'm not a very religious person but the simple fact that these people were WHINING about the word Christ in a day that is a celebration of the birthday of....Jesus Christ of all people...just disgusted me beyond belief. They said it wasn't fair to the poor athiests. Well do Christians celebrate Ramadan? Nope. So why would an athiest celebrate Christmas? Oh that's right...because they are so materialistic the forget it is not about giving out gifts its about celebrating the birth of Jesus. Then the same people would go on TV talking about how our flag is a symbol of hate and oppression and should be banned from being flown in public I was like "if you don't like Amerca, GTFO!"

Another thing is when the epidemic of liberal judges giving criminals literal slaps on the wrist for horrific crimes. Like in NJ. A guy raped a 4 year old and got 2 months in prison. While my cousin was doing time for DWI's for years. Then they wanna take our gun rights away. Ha! They can go fly their colorful multi colored flags somewhere else, but this is America and people fought and died for that flag to be flown, to me if someone calls themselves "American" but does not appreciate that, they are a pure disgrace to this nation.

Top Bottom