• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I've been a gun owner for less than two months. I've spent lots of time taking classes and practicing at the range. The better I get with my gun skills, the more confidence I have. The confidence is spreading to other parts of my life, including my work life. At work, I am more willing to state my opinion and to challenge something that isn't productive. I feel other changes too. All of them are positive changes. Most of them are difficult to put into words. I'd like to hear from other new shooters who feel similarly.
    Hurley's Gold

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It was a topic we discussed at a meeting with Hays Co. council. The aspect of responsibility in regards to shooting and firearms that trickles over into everyday life.

It's blissful to know that you can defend yourself from things that go bump in the night. It helps to instill confidence in situations, and learning a new skill and getting better at it is just an overall ego boost.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I agree. Learning to conquer ones fears, learning something new, and learning to be more self sufficient and confident can really spread to most other areas of one's life. It's like I've always said, education is better than a lack thereof. There are plenty of people that don't like guns, and that's fine if they don't want to. However even for those people I would still recommend at least learning about guns, learning firearms safety, etc so as to help them understand and learn that there's nothing to be afraid of and the only "accidents" are the fault of the user. Conquering one's fears is always good IMO.

I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you in your pursuit of proficiency with firearms. I really have to commend you man. It just seems you've really jumped head first into this whole thing and are going all the way. Many people get into it reluctantly and never really progress all that much as they are probably afraid to exceed their comfort zone. The desire and persistence for education it seems you have towards this subject is a commendable trait. Keep up the great work! :D

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you in your pursuit of proficiency with firearms. I really have to commend you man. It just seems you've really jumped head first into this whole thing and are going all the way. Many people get into it reluctantly and never really progress all that much as they are probably afraid to exceed their comfort zone. The desire and persistence for education it seems you have towards this subject is a commendable trait. Keep up the great work! :D

So when's the first date?

Enron Exec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Behind 16 rnds of 9x19mm
    I've been a gun owner for less than two months. I've spent lots of time taking classes and practicing at the range. The better I get with my gun skills, the more confidence I have. The confidence is spreading to other parts of my life, including my work life. At work, I am more willing to state my opinion and to challenge something that isn't productive. I feel other changes too. All of them are positive changes. Most of them are difficult to put into words. I'd like to hear from other new shooters who feel similarly.

Welcome to the forum LittleGun.

Im glad gun ownership has had such a positive influence on your life. I think i can relate to all the points you mentioned.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    i think the paper weight comment was funny becasue i have a Hi Point C9 9mm, and when working at the house by myself i actually use it as a paper weight. yes the gun is heavy and not that attractive but i love the way it shoots.

Top Bottom