• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    Are there any ranges, private or public, that allow you to stand and fire rifles, shoot double taps or rapid fire, and draw from a holster. I am looking for a place that will let you work on skills. And I realize this needs to be done safely.
    Military Camp

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I am not from the Austin area, so I don't know about ranges down there. I would expect the private shooting clubs to be more lenient on how and what you shoot. Plus, with a private club, you can just go when it is less crowded so there is nobody to complain or get nervous.

Around my area, some ranges do allow double taps. However, if you get a little ambitious with that definition, you may be reprimanded.

I have found that if the range is empty and the range officer is friendly, you can do much more than when they are busy.

Good luck, hopefully somebody from your area can point you to a specific range or club.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This is the only range remotely close to Austin (that I know of) that will allow things like rapid fire and drawing from the holster. They are located in Lockhart, but IMO it's worth the drive since they aren't strict like everyone else:

Link

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Hi Hoji, I met you at Lonestar's grand opening. [bat 1] They are a nice bunch of folks there. Go check them out. For what Red's charges you for an hour, you can shoot all day there. You gotta try some Lockhart BBQ while you're there.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom