• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    I'm all for open carry in Texas. I see very little reason why we should be allowed to carry long guns openly, be able to carry concealed handguns, yet not be able to open carry handguns.

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    I really hate to see this - I'm all for our 2nd amendment rights (and the argument in post 2, above) but these folks do nothing but intensify the division between the 2 philosophies

do you recall the million man march ? that, and all the others of it's type, did a poor job of embellishing the "civil rights" movement upon people's thinking

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Shows support and that a large number of voters support OC. That's what matters.

There are a few idiots who let their ego interfere with the message but I see no problem with the rallies.

Those who are so deeply ingrained with a hatred of guns that they would be considered on the other side of the wedge will never come around anyways. Being quiet hasn't been getting us anywhere. It lets politicians think we aren't paying attention, send the message that gun rights are low on the priority list.

This sends the message that letting 2A rights get trampled will get noticed and will cost then votes.

And you never know if a few folks might come up and ask some questions, opening the opportunity to invite them to the range, and educate a few more folks about guns and the 2A.

Still, there is a smart way to do it and a dumb way. The few dummies get much more attention and should be called out for being dummies. A big ego is not a valuable tool for restoring 2A rights.

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    well, it should be on this evening's news - so, we'll see if it's the "smarties" or the "dummies" who showed up for the spectacle (I'm one of those who are against this sort of sensationalism as I feel it's akin to striking workers having their kids carry "strike signs")

Last edited:

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Or black people sitting at lunch counters... Maybe even trying to vote... I guess those big marches Dr.King held were just him grandstanding for the media..

I'm done

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    you're reading something into my post that wasn't there - please don't do that

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So, what harm was done by the million man march? How did it hurt the civil rights movement?

Would black have been better off sitting quietly at the back of the bus?

Would they have angered less people by not drinking from that water fountain?

What exactly were you saying?

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    what I meant by the MMM comment is that it was a complete failure for it's intended purpose and, in fact, it did nothing but degrade what it was meant to accomplish - same thing with these displays/prancings with long guns hanging from the shoulder and daring folks to respond in a negative way

and you too are reading nonsense into what I'm posting, please don't do that

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    well, it should be on this evening's news - so, we'll see if it's the "smarties" or the "dummies" who showed up for the spectacle (I'm one of those who are against this sort of sensationalism as I feel it's akin to striking workers having their kids carry "strike signs")

what I meant by the MMM comment is that it was a complete failure for it's intended purpose and, in fact, it did nothing but degrade what it was meant to accomplish - same thing with these displays/prancings with long guns hanging from the shoulder and daring folks to respond in a negative way

and you too are reading nonsense into what I'm posting, please don't do that
    I've seen 2 TV reports on the march on 2 different networks, neither showed ANY type of sensationalism or pro gun people daring anyone else. What are you talking about?

Or, did I read nonsense in what you're posting?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Then stop posting nonsense.

Funny that you see OC as 'daring someone to get offended". You accuse those at the rallies of "prancing around".

Yup, can't imagine why your posts come across as nonsense.

Tell me, what is the point of the right to peaceful assembly if it is nothing more than people prancing around in an effort to offend someone else?

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    I've seen 2 TV reports on the march on 2 different networks, neither showed ANY type of sensationalism or pro gun people daring anyone else. What are you talking about?

Or, did I read nonsense in what you're posting?

just this minute saw a report on channel 11 - nothing sensationalistic

a while back, with the "march" in Humble, some were attempting to enter businesses that had informal "no firearm" signs - that's what I'm concerned with

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    So, what harm was done by the million man march? How did it hurt the civil rights movement?..

it was an analogy - do you know what an analogy is ? if not, I'll explain. you can't see why it was used ?

you seem to believe that your opinion is the only one that's valid - big mistake

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    it was an analogy - do you know what an analogy is ? if not, I'll explain. you can't see why it was used ?

you seem to believe that your opinion is the only one that's valid - big mistake

Lol, because everyone is disagreeing with ME, right?

Good day, sir.

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    I disagree with you - that doesn't make my opinions wrong - or yours correct

"there are none so blind who refuse to see..."

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    it was an analogy - do you know what an analogy is ? if not, I'll explain.

I hereby renounce my Presidency of and permanently dissolve the one member Whisky Fan Club.

Do you know what renounce and dissolve mean? If not, I'll explain.

marshalmatt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Assembling (First Amendment right) to protect and expand our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms is nothing short of patriotic...IMO.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I guess I should live my life based on what the media might say about me. I should probably sell my "high powered sniper rifle" (precision rifle) and my "assault rifles" (AR) since the media keeps telling me that only terrorists and criminals should want or need those.

With people like Whisky on our side, who needs the Brady Bunch...

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

Top Bottom