• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darrenlobo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Gun Rights Haters Try To Learn About Guns

Let me start with one of the most most important things that he said, "there is no gun show loophole". He went to great lengths to explain that the idea that there are many gun sales going on at gun shows with no background checks performed is false. Glick very directly told the Delco United people not to pursue that angle.

The International Libertarian: Gun Rights Haters Try To Learn About Guns
    Military Camp

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    More importantly, and in at nutshell:

"Let's, for a moment, assume that few or no guns will actually be banned/confiscated. Onerous regulations, severe licensing requirements, high fees, insurance mandates, and draconian penalties for minor gun infractions can end up making owning and bearing arms financially prohibitive and legally dangerous. This is a way of de facto banning/confiscating guns without making the guns themselves illegal."

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

I was a LEO for almost 30 years at the county, state & federal level and a 2nd Amendment activist for more years than that.

The plain TRUTH about "anti-gun activists" is that 90% of them know NOTHING about guns & they uncritically believe the foolishness & outright LIES told by the equally clueless radical leftist fringe elements.
    (As just ONE example, one of the WH staff recently said at a "gun control meeting" that they need NOT ban "large capacity magazines", as they would be worthless once the rounds therein were fired. = She obviously believes that magazines were "one use & discard items".)

About 5 years ago, I was asked to speak about firearms at a "town hall meeting". - One of the "invited panelists" said that "assault weapons are any item that could be used to cause death or injury to a person or damage to property".
    (That's a baseball bat, a rock, a length of lumber, a hammer, an axe, a knife, a piece of pipe or any firearm.- When the utter foolishness of his "assault weapon definition" was pointed out, the "panelist" stated that ANYTHING that could be used as a weapon should also be outlawed.)

ImVho, the BEST weapon that we 2nd Amendment supporters can use against the gun-hating extremists is OPEN RIDICULE & making those extremists and their stance LOOK FOOLISH to the majority of the general public.

just my OPINION, satx

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yes, that does help. To a point. But there are many that will refuse logic and truth and istead FEEL.

The truth is, as much as I hate to say it, ,,,,,,,,

Ingnorance IS bliss.

from an idgit coffeeholic

darrenlobo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    satx & jrbfishn,

There's a time & place for everything. One thing our side has been bad at is appealing to emotions. You can read here how the other side uses emotions to advance the anthropogenic global warming hoax. We thought that having the facts on our side would be enough. We need to learn to play to people's feelings too. At the meeting I was all charm & niceness. You can see that my article isn't written that way. Different emotional tones for different situations.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    IMO - all "weapons", rifles, and handguns aren't "assault weapons" until after a particular weapon has assaulted someone physically. New guns can't be considered assault weapons because they're still innocent. Instead libs choose to demonize the innocent- the wealthy, successful corporations, LEOs, the military, gun owners and even inanimate objects.

Top Bottom