• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Most consumer gun safes (RSCs) are pretty thin metal and you can drill your own holes through them wherever you need to.

A thin layer of metal and some sheetrock (where the fire rating comes from) are no match for a decent drill bit.

I have drilled holes in a few for wiring and it's easy.
    This/\/\ and the K.I.S.S. principle.
    You can only hope to send them to an easier place or slow them down. At reasonable costs.
    Stick a Simplesafe door alarm on it and when they pluck it off the camera will turn on and you will know who got your guns.
    I've had the same very heavy safe for 20+ years and nobody has ever tried to remove it from its mounts. If you have to rent a special hand truck to move your safe, few will eff with it.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    How many guns can you realistically fit in two?

TL;DR - I comfortably fit 14 long guns, 16 hand guns, magazines for everything, a folder with important documents in my two units.

I have one of the taller units and one smaller. There are slots for 6 long guns in each. I also bought the attachment that holds 12 handguns for the taller into (not enough room in the smaller unit if using for long guns, which used the case for me). As well, a couple extra long guns can fit in the free space on the side of the gun rests (as long adds they are thin, e.g. a mossberg 500 and a 10/22).

As well, I attached a molle sheet to the interior door wall using strong magnets and added various molle pouches for magazines and even a couple extra handguns.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Most consumer gun safes are relatively thin cold rolled steel designed to keep most thieves out.

Drilling a hole with any bit made for steel is easy.

A small unsecured safe is a convenient container for carrying off your possessions.

A simple stud-finder and some 3/8 holes, a measuring tape and a titch of arithmetic directing some 4 1/2 " bolts into 2x4s will make carrying off your safe quite a lot harder for a hurried thief wanting to make a quick and efficient score.

I once watched a lone guy with a proper hand-truck and more that a little understanding of gravity and physics deliver an 1,800 pound American Security safe. A big one!!!

Lesson to be gleaned from that experience?
    Yes indeed.

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I have a claymore triggerd by a brightly light handle that has a sign that says, In the event of fire pull handle to engage quick release and roll safe out.

I've had to paint a few times, Replace some windows and clean a bit of blood but no one has stole my guns.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I have flash bangs wired to my door and windows.......I will know if someone comes in while I am at home. They will certainly know it too........roflmfao

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Enpended flash bangs with the spoon and pin put pack on make the best party gags. As long as the people at the party know what they are. Pull the pun and ask someone to hold it and accidentally drop it.

Same goes for the large rubber gas grenades. Clean them up, put some talc in them retape the holes with electric tape and poke a few pin holes in it and toss it in. The talc looks just like they are starting to smoke as they bounce.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Enpended flash bangs with the spoon and pin put pack on make the best party gags. As long as the people at the party know what they are. Pull the pun and ask someone to hold it and accidentally drop it.

Same goes for the large rubber gas grenades. Clean them up, put some talc in them retape the holes with electric tape and poke a few pin holes in it and toss it in. The talc looks just like they are starting to smoke as they bounce.
    you are sick....lol

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    you are sick....lol
    The first time I did the flash bangs we were doing quals and letting people who never tossed one throw a few. I did it at lunch to a nice guy. I handed it to him and accidentally dropped it in his lap. It took two hours for everyone to quit laughing. He swears it was his soda that went his pants. Lol I have never seen anyone crab walk backwards over tables that fast.

I owed him cause his second day on the job he was backing me up on a cell search and I found drugs and the fight was on in the cell with the inmate. After I bounced his head off the bunk a few times, he hit me first trying to flush but didnt realise I always turn off the toilets first to avoid that so he had it coming, and got him cuffed I turned to ask the new officer why he didnt help me. He was standing there frozen with his radio upto his face. Lol he started to call for backup but hit the pause button and didnt move till I pushed him back. I was laughing my ars off. He turned into an outstanding officer but I figured I owed him one.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    So I'm looking for a gun safe and I rent. I got the OK to lag screw it to the wall(tile floor so I can't drill) do any safes have holes in the back for this? I can't really find any info online.

Painters tape on the tile in an x shape and sharp sds hammer drill and bit will cut tile like butter and not split.

More importantly make sure your slab is not post tensioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    The first time I did the flash bangs we were doing quals and letting people who never tossed one throw a few. I did it at lunch to a nice guy. I handed it to him and accidentally dropped it in his lap. It took two hours for everyone to quit laughing. He swears it was his soda that went his pants. Lol I have never seen anyone crab walk backwards over tables that fast.

I owed him cause his second day on the job he was backing me up on a cell search and I found drugs and the fight was on in the cell with the inmate. After I bounced his head off the bunk a few times, he hit me first trying to flush but didnt realise I always turn off the toilets first to avoid that so he had it coming, and got him cuffed I turned to ask the new officer why he didnt help me. He was standing there frozen with his radio upto his face. Lol he started to call for backup but hit the pause button and didnt move till I pushed him back. I was laughing my ars off. He turned into an outstanding officer but I figured I owed him one.
    nice

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Learned to use charged capacitor's w/a couple of small, stripped leads when I went to the USN's Electronics School.

Learned NOT to put 'em under Mom's chair when I was home on leave about 3 months later. I NEVER dreamed she'd be able to outrun me AND whip my ass at the same time!!

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Learned to use charged capacitor's w/a couple of small, stripped leads when I went to the USN's Electronics School.

Learned NOT to put 'em under Mom's chair when I was home on leave about 3 months later. I NEVER dreamed she'd be able to outrun me AND whip my ass at the same time!!

That is just cleverly evil.

Something I used to do to have that trick readily at hand were the now-rarely-encountered disposable 35mm film cameras with the integral flash.
    The little charged flash capacitor was harmless but freaking gloriously painful. You know how I know.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Damned near burned Dad's truck to the ground one day. Got one of those "Whistle-Smoke-BANG" fireworks you'd hook up to the ignition. Set it in under the hood, hooked it up to the coil.....
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    How in the HELL was I supposed to know he had a leaking carb?!??

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom