• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrRobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Matrix, TX
    Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone knows besides Bass pro shop or Academy where I could find a good deal for safes. My brother needs a safe but he thinks he could get a better deal outside from those 2 vendors.
    I bought mine a long time ago from Bass pro shop.

Anyone who could help would be awesome.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Check out Security Products in Elm Mott. They made my safe and that thing is a beast weighing in at over 2k lbs. Anything you buy at a box store is really just a fire locker and the doors can be popped off in less than minute.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Pics please.
    I don't like showing contents, but here are some from the day I got it and installing it. I took a flat bed to move it.
    The shelves on the door are 2x as thick metal as the body on my other "safe"
    20190821_194927.jpg
    20190821_135939.jpg
    20190822_201218.jpg

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    With keys. from the website:

Key-Lock
    Proprietary recessed design features the most unique, and Burglar-Proof locking device in the industry. These locks are the Most Tool Resistant available on any gun safe.

Thieves armed with the latest drilling equipment, and an exact drilling template cannot penetrate our dual dead-bolt locks. Lock areas are protected with high manganese work- hardening armor. (The more they drill the harder the metal becomes.)

These locks are virtually impossible to pick, pry, punch, or damage. Laboratory tests have proven that our dual dead-bolts would require a force in excess of 25,800 pounds to break open.

MrRobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Matrix, TX
    @BeatTheTunaUp Don't tell me it's a tan or brown one... I seen one in my estate app I was to attend but my wife didn't want to go. How did you end up moving it out of the house?

Did you use a truck with a trailer or just place it in the truck?

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    you can try these guys. I bought one from them and they delivered and bolted the 2nd one to the floor. The first one had some rust inside the door. they let me keep it until the replacement arrived, very easy to work with. I forget the price but they delivered from SA to me here in the Big Town, 60 miles away. So they will probably deliver from Austin to Waco.

ETA the website

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    @BeatTheTunaUp Don't tell me it's a tan or brown one... I seen one in my estate app I was to attend but my wife didn't want to go. How did you end up moving it out of the house?

Did you use a truck with a trailer or just place it in the truck?
    It's gray and I've had it for 3 years now so maybe that other one is still out there.

Moving, oh man. It was in the back corner of a huge metal shop out in the country. It had rows of built in shelves/cabinets all around it. I wrapped a tow strap around the top of the safe, fed the rope through a cabinet to a come a long attached to a steel beam. I ratcheted the safe and made it tilt. I had 10 or so sections of metal pipe and slid them underneath. Rocked the safe back and put pipes under the front. Then I egyptian method rolled it to the shop door through all those cabinets. Then a flat bed wrecker slung a chain around it and tilted it on its back and dropped it in my garage. Egyptian method again into place.

It's so effing solid, it literally feels like tapping on an armored section of a navy ship.

Top Bottom