• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    Don't want to try moving it yourself, huh? :)

Maybe give Saylor Lock & Safe a call, they're close by and I've heard they're reasonable on moving prices. Don't have a clue what 'reasonable' means though. Probably should have called myself two years ago.
    They don't move safes; they refer to Safe Moves and maybe one other place.
    Gun Zone Deals

Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    Just got back from her house and yes, it's definitely on the lower-end. It's got brand-new electronics and actuator mechanism - evidently someone got a little rough with it over the years and she had to spend $300 to get it working again. Included are the instructions, old electronics and mechanism (no value to me but at least she's thorough), but no keys which to me seems a little concerning. The deal isn't done yet but $400 seems a very fair price unless y'all tell me otherwise. Here's another sticker she wasn't aware of:

1672972030166.png

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The door can be removed from this type Winchester safe simply by lifting it off the hinges.... can then be carried out on a dolly, then the body.....which will be substantially lighter without the door.........

It makes moving much easier and simpler...........

Putting the door back on is easy enough...that I have done it after moving the safe by myself and I'm an old fat man.........

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Based on all the good advice in this thread, it's a hard pass. I just can't justify it for all the shortcomings I learned through a visit.

My wallet sends a heart-felt thank-you to everyone who brought me to my senses.
    Why is it a hard pass?

Is it an issue of moving it, don't really need it, or the value for its quality?

I think $400 is a decent deal if you can move it yourself. Offer cheaper if you need to pay for help.

While not the highest end safe it is better than nothing and cheaper than most of the things you are going to put in it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Chinese safe is a Chinese safe.
    Generally, isn't a Chinese safe a residential security container?

:)

Yeah, that's a pedantic joke but the differences between an RSC and a real safe are large enough that I tend to wince when people call these things a safe.

I'm more in the "If you're not going to get a real safe, get an inexpensive RSC and install it properly" camp.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Based on all the good advice in this thread, it's a hard pass. I just can't justify it for all the shortcomings I learned through a visit.

My wallet sends a heart-felt thank-you to everyone who brought me to my senses.
    Make a $150-200 offer, and if accepted, use it as ammo/accessory storage. It's worth it for that. And it'll keep the smaller/kidlin hands off things they ought not be touchin' anyway.

Top Bottom