• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slotback

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    A good quality gun safe is a good investment period. I bought a fire safe years ago and never regretted it.
    Capitol Armory ad

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    And here comes the pictures...
    IMG_4399.jpg

Does that M249 have a "happy switch"?

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    gunsafes0031is9.jpg

These are my 2 inexpensive Stack-On's. I have them lag bolted to the wall studs. I placed 8 bags of shot, (200 pounds), at the bottom of each. That way even if they manage to get them pryed from the wall, they'll break their backs trying to carry them out. I'm not worried because someone is always home at our place. Including "Sam" my 105 pound Golden Retriever who doesn't like strangers! No matter what size gun safe you buy, you will find it doesn't hold the amount of guns they advertise, and you will wind up buying another. It's only a matter of time. I'm ready for my 5th. :D Bill T.

I have one of those, and they're not overly secure (not owning a house, I'm not sure it's wise to invest in a good safe and going about the process of bolting it down when I don't expect to live here for terribly long). No crook is going to try to separate those from the wall/floor because that's almost guaranteed to make more noise and take more time than forcing entry. I expect the main deterrence factor is that the lock is just difficult enough to pick that the average crook needs to factor the additional time and noise required to force entry. They're only made from 18 gauge steel,so distorting the opening won't be terribly difficult.

I plan on buying a house soon, and a quality safe (or vault) is in the works, so the stack-on locker will probably be relegated to storing ammunition or something else other than firearms.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Just felt like sharing and uploading an updated photo of the safe including some new toys and accessories. I mounted flourescent lights on the outlines and top of the safe to help with lighting at night.

IMG_4597.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

IMG_4609.jpg

billt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Glendale, Arizona
    I have one of those, and they're not overly secure (not owning a house, I'm not sure it's wise to invest in a good safe and going about the process of bolting it down when I don't expect to live here for terribly long). No crook is going to try to separate those from the wall/floor because that's almost guaranteed to make more noise and take more time than forcing entry. I expect the main deterrence factor is that the lock is just difficult enough to pick that the average crook needs to factor the additional time and noise required to force entry. They're only made from 18 gauge steel,so distorting the opening won't be terribly difficult.

True, however insurance statistics show that most home burglaries are committed by persons under 17 years of age, and most are in the house for under 2 minutes. "Smash and run" type hits. It's not a problem for me because someone is always home. what I am looking into are one of those "On Site" tool boxes they sell at Home Depot and Lowes.

http://www.greenlee.com/cat_docs/Storage_07.pdf

The lock wells are protected so you can't get at them with bolt cutters or a torch, and are quite large. I'm going to line the bottom with several hundred pounds of shot. If you place an Indian Blanket or some form of table cloth over it most won't even know what it is. These things are an excellent, low cost alternative to overpriced gun safes, and allow for horizontal storage of rifles and shotguns. After I get dialed in with one of these, I'll most likely use the Stack-On's for storage of other things as well. Bill T.

bakere926@aol.com

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    do you know where the Panther Arms safe was Manufactured? I have one and forgot my combination and lock smith cant find any information

Last edited:

GreySmoke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    Lavon
    My stackons runnath over... I am looking for either 1 large safe similar to the Winchester in this thread or two, more specialized, safes.
    I have about 40 handguns and about 30 rifles and shotfuns (pun intended) In the East Dallas Burbs area, new or used but solid and dependable with at least a 30-45min rating. Any suggestions on places to look?

swcc22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    fannin county
    Man u u sure are lucky to have all them firearms mine all fell out of my boat in the lake somewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom