• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I wonder how many of the people really worried about their gun rights now voted for Obama?

Just a thought.

I'm tired of all of this craziness. I'm a little frustrated because I was going to get into reloading anyways, but it isn't going to be anytime soon. . . . .
    DK Firearms

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Events like the 94 AWB, Y2K, 9-11, Katrina and now the Obama election have increased the gun owning populace of the US. This will make it more difficult for POTUS to push through a new AWB, ammo tax, ect. to pass. (this is assuming he even want's to take on this fight)

With the Heller Supreme Court decision, a total ban seems improbable.

The original AWB was illegal, according to our 2nd Amendment.

There is a bit of a chance that one will not be passed, but that is only because Congressmen are cowards, and they are afraid that the Public is awake and watching. They like to work their mischief when no one is looking.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    That's the way to act. Buying up stuff right now at double last year's prices doesn't help. Watching what local/state/federal government is up to and making legislators aware of your stance via articulate, sane handwritten letters (ie avoid mention of "blue helmets" etc) is about the best you can do for the cause.

At the DFW area gun shows semi auto rifle prices have reached about double what they were on Nov 1, but I really don't see them selling at that price.

There has even been some stuff a decent prices, no price gouging, still sitting there for sale. I was a little surprised, but it is normal for this area.

The same type that would have been selling guns to the Indians are the ones doing the price gouging now.

XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    I went to 2 Walmarts, a Sports Authority, and 2 Academy's yesterday and none any 223. I talked toe the sporting goods guy at my local Walmart, he put out 10 boxes of 223 and it all sold in 10 minutes.

Rob1796

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Colleyville
    At the DFW area gun shows semi auto rifle prices have reached about double what they were on Nov 1, but I really don't see them selling at that price.

Went to Cheaper Than Dirt the other day, and they said the cheapest/least expensive AR they have would still run me $1400 for an A2 style upper and collapsable stock. They had an A2 style rifle with solid stock and 20inch barrel that they wanted $1800 for. I know that Cheaper Than Dirt isn't exactly all that cheap, but still, those prices seem a bit up there. And the counter was no where near as busy as it has been in the past months since the election.

They had plenty of rifle ammo, not a ton of hand gun ammo though. Cabelas had tons of ammo, and the counter was packed. Prices seemed pretty straight on there, but they don't carry evil black rifles. However, ammo price were good, so I picked up a few boxes of .40S&W Hydrashocks and a box of Federal "Law Enforcement" hollow points.

photofreeman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    The Cabelas in Buda had evil black guns. Maybe they sold out.
    I wonder if they would scare libs less if we painted them blue, like UN helmets.
    Around Houston its tough to even see the counters at gunshops on the weekend.
    Maybe this new online form filling will help.

Banjoman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Azle
    The ammo tax has me a little nervous too. I try to buy a box at every visit to Walmart IF they have it in stock : (

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Went to Cheaper Than Dirt the other day, and they said the cheapest/least expensive AR they have would still run me $1400 for an A2 style upper and collapsable stock. They had an A2 style rifle with solid stock and 20inch barrel that they wanted $1800 for. I know that Cheaper Than Dirt isn't exactly all that cheap, but still, those prices seem a bit up there. And the counter was no where near as busy as it has been in the past months since the election.

They had plenty of rifle ammo, not a ton of hand gun ammo though. Cabelas had tons of ammo, and the counter was packed. Prices seemed pretty straight on there, but they don't carry evil black rifles. However, ammo price were good, so I picked up a few boxes of .40S&W Hydrashocks and a box of Federal "Law Enforcement" hollow points.

That is a shame that the prices are jacked up so high.

Even the nice old man, that I really like to stop by and talk to, that is our local Olympic Arms dealer at the Dallas area gun shows went up on the bull barrel AR-15 he sells (either 20" or 24" not sure which he stocks) from $770 up to $1,100 if I am remembering that correctly.

An AR pistol, that he never stocked before, was marked for $1,600.

Someone else pointed out that all the manufacturers should be increasing production and dropping their prices in order to arm Citizens and defend our Homeland, not the opposite.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom